PlanetaL
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Entrevistas y reportajes

+10
leonora
Janis
pke
masay
Heya
gabyco
lurdes beals
kamakaII
miss L
julia
14 participantes

Página 24 de 26. Precedente  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Siguiente

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 Empty Re: Entrevistas y reportajes

Mensaje  leonora Sáb 23 Abr 2011 - 20:53

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 241qq9s
Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 2zoxiyd
Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 33de004
leonora
leonora
Trátame bien, soy una forera muy activa

Cantidad de envíos : 608
Personajes favoritos : Bette

Mensaje  leonora Dom 24 Abr 2011 - 15:01

http://www.examiner.com/cult-classics-in-chicago/it-came-from-chicago-jennifer-beals
It Came from Chicago! Jennifer Beals
* April 24th, 2011

Brian Boerner
* Chicago Cult Classics Examiner

Her first major role (Alex in FlashDance) made Chicago native Jennifer Beals a star!

After more than 50 roles in films and tv, she again become a household name due to her performance as Bette in The L Word!

In between, Jennifer's done everything from low-budget indies to big-budget studio projects, including lots of genre work.

Now she's back on series tv in the police procedural The Chicago Code, not only set in Chicago, but entirely filmed in the Second City!

Welcome home, Jennifer!

Trivia:

* Turned down the role of Dana Scully in X-Files, after being recommended by fellow Yale classmate David Duchovny!
* Turned down the role of Apollonia in Purple Rain.
* Inspired to become an actress after seeing Joan Allen perform in Balm in Gilead while teen Jennifer was volunteer-ushering at Steppenwolf Theatre!

Cult Classic appearances include...
# Chicago Code (Teresa Colvin)
# Book of Eli (Claudia)
# Troubled Waters (Jennifer Beck)
# Law & Order "Charity Case"
# Grudge 2 [2006] (Trish Kimble)
# Out of Line (Jenny Capitanas)
# Big House aka Being Brewster (Lorraine Brewster)
# Turbulence II: Fear of Flying (Jessica)
# The Hunger [1999] "...and She Laughed"
# Spree (Xinia Kelly)
# Prophecy II (Valerie Rosales)
# Devil in a Blue Dress (Daphne Monet)
# Outer Limits [1997] "Bodies of Evidence"
# Dead on Sight (Rebecca Darcy)
# Terror Stalks the Class Reunion (Virginia)
# Club Extinction aka Dr M (Sonja Vogler)
# Gamble (Lady Olivia Candioni)
# Vampire's Kiss (Rachel)
# Shelly Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre "Cinderella"
# The Bride (Eva)

Check out... http://www.jennifer-beals.com (FanSite)

Other actresses to play Eva aka Bride of the Frankenstein Monster aka Prima aka Monster's Mate include...

* Helena Bonham Carter in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
* Jane Seymour in Frankenstein: the True Story
* Dalila de Lazzaro in Andy Warhol's Flesh for Frankenstein
* Susan Denberg in Frankenstein Created Woman
* Elsa Lanchester in Bride of Frankenstein

Other actresses to play Cinderella include...There are over 50! If you want to know, check the Internet Movie DataBase HERE http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0005757/

We recommend
Suggested by the author:

* Jennifer Beals on The Chicago Code
http://www.examiner.com/primetime-tv-in-national/jennifer-beals-on-the-chicago-code

* Jennifer Beals experiences life as a cop in 'The Chicago Code'
http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-q-a-in-national/jennifer-beals-experiences-life-as-a-cop-the-chicago-code

* The Chicago Code: Not just another crime procedural
http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-chicago/the-chicago-code-not-just-another-crime-procedural

You might like:

* Jennifer Beals takes on recycling and new Fox series 'The Chicago Code'
http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-phoenix/jennifer-beals-takes-on-recycling-and-new-fox-series-the-chicago-code?CID=obinsite

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Dom 24 Abr 2011 - 15:09

http://www.examiner.com/celebrity-q-a-in-national/jennifer-beals-experiences-life-as-a-cop-the-chicago-code

Jennifer Beals experiences life as a cop in 'The Chicago Code'
* February 4th, 2011 6:14 pm ET
Carla Hay
* Celebrity Q&A Examiner

It seems like most TV drama series that have debuted on in the past five years have been about law-enforcement officials, attorneys or medical professionals. Jennifer Beals is hoping that her TV series "The Chicago Code" stands out from the pack. In the show (which premieres February 7 on Fox at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific Time), she plays Teresa Colvin, a no-nonsense superintendent of the Chicago Police Department.

"The Chicago Code" is from creator/executive producer Shawn Ryan, whose previous TV series credits include "The Shield," "Lie to Me" and "The Unit." (Beals was a semi-regular guest star on "Lie to Me.") In a recent telephone conference call with journalists, Beals talked about the most shocking thing she discovered in her research for "The Chicago Code"; how she feels about returning her hometown of Chicago to do the series; what she thinks about her legacy from "The L Word."

We’ve seen a really great dichotomy in Teresa’s strengths and her vulnerability at times, and so far, it’s always been when she’s on the job. Do we ever get to see her in her personal life?

There is an episode where it deals with her family, and so you do see her personal life in that episode. You do get little glimpses of it every now and again, but really, this is a person who has dedicated everything to their job, for better or for worse. Toward the end of the season, you start to see the toll that that takes on her personally.

Is that something that you enjoy as an actor, like tapping into the challenge of bringing it all into the office, so to speak?

Yes. At times, it gets grueling. There are times I just wish they had a scene with me drunk and at a bar — that would be great — or karaoke or something. It gets grueling, and it made me realize that for her it’s got to be grueling.

Do you get to do any stunt work this season?

Mostly just smashing people in the face with my elbow, but no kicking in doors. I’m not on the street that often.

What was it about this role in "The Chicago Code" that made you want to return to series television?

I found it so interesting to play somebody who was walking into uncharted territory, in a way. She’s really creating the template for this job, being the first female superintendent. I just thought it would be very interesting to take that walk into what kind of a leader does she become in that position, and how do you balance your personal life with the demands of that kind of job.

I thought the relationship to Jarek [Wysocki, played by Jason Clarke] was also interesting. It’s a very interesting line that we walk between intimacy and respect and being able to tell the truth to one another and goading one another and making each other laugh. I just thought that could potentially be interesting. Of course, for me, working with ["The Chicago Code" creator/executive producer] Shawn Ryan was a real lure because I really admire his writing and I admire the way that he works with his team of writers as well.

Could you just talk a little bit about what you think "The L Word" did for your career? Did it change the way that you thought about TV or different roles that became available to you?

Well, it’s interesting. Thank you for asking that question. It certainly prepared me for this role [in "The Chicago Code"]. Playing Bette Porter [in "The L Word"], somebody who was so driven and single-minded sometimes and very strong and righteous at times, certainly helped prepare me for this role. Definitely, Teresa is much more physically confident than Bette is, and, as far as I can tell so far, is deeply heterosexual.

But being part of "The L Word" made me realize how much more television can be that what I had experienced in my lifetime, in terms of being able to be of service to people. I had so many fans come up to me who were really deeply appreciative of the show and what it had meant for them and their own sense of identity and their own sense of inclusion in our society and in our culture.

How important was it for you that "The Chicago Code" was set in Chicago?

I said to my manager when pilot season came up last year, I said, "You basically have two cities; you have Vancouver and Chicago," because those are the places that I can imagine spending long periods of time with my family. So when this series came up, I was very excited. I was very excited because of Shawn and the part and because I got to go back to my hometown, because I love the city. I think it’s so beautiful, and the people are so great.

I don’t know how much I introduced people … What I did do is when everybody first arrived, as far as the cast goes, I gave them all a copy of the "Chicago" poem, the Sandburg poem, because I really do think that poem "Chicago" paints a pretty accurate portrait of the city. There are so many things that we’ve added now in terms of the beauty of the skyscrapers and downtown, but there’s this aspect to the city that really is like a brazen fighter, you know? Unafraid.

Did you find yourself helping out Shawn Ryan or the writers with any of the Chicago-specific things?

A couple things where I pointed out that certain words, the ones that they were referring to, were not accurate. There were just small things in the script, but people had really done their homework, in terms of the writing. I did tell Delroy [Lindo, who plays Alderman Ronin Gibbons] at one point that a Chicago jury is perhaps different from a New York jury. So there were certain things that were very different, but, frankly, because they all go out more than I do, they were telling me about restaurants and places to go.

What kind of research you were able to do into the police in Chicago and how they work?

We were able to do ride-alongs with a homicide detective. So you could go all out all night in a car in a Kevlar vest. You sign a piece of paper, and you’re able to see all kinds of things. You get to see what they deal with day in and day out, how to set up a crime scene.

We got to go to the shooting range. I was able to talk to some people who had more administrative positions to try to understand what that part of my job would be like. There are lots of things on the Internet. The Superintendent of Chicago has a blog that’s accessible to everybody. I started boxing to get more into the physicality of it, the sort of aggressive kind of yang thing that can go on.

Should we be scared of you now that you can shoot guns and box?

I don’t know. I don’t know if anybody should be scared of me.

What did you see when you did your nights riding along with real Chicago cops?

Well, I saw lots of things. On the more comic side was a woman who refused to put her shirt on in a fried chicken restaurant. She just kept taking her shirt off. She clearly had not been taking her meds, and she thought I was Obama’s sister and that I should somehow save her.

On the more tragic side was being the first to respond to a man who had been shot, who was about to bleed to unconsciousness on somebody’s front stoop, and watching how the ambulances weren’t the first to arrive. It was really the fire department. I mean, the police were the first to arrive, but the ambulances didn’t get there for, gosh, I don’t know, like 20 minutes or something.

Had this person been relying simply on the ambulances, they probably would’ve died, but the fire department came and helped him medically. At that time, I was able to see how the police department sets up a crime scene, being able to follow the trail of blood to figure out where he would’ve been shot, where the shooter would’ve been, and looking for the evidence of shell casings, which I helped the detectives find.

Was that shocking to you?

Well, no, I mean, it’s funny, the first ride along was much more shocking. Then as time goes by, and you spend time playing the part and you spend more time getting information, it’s not so shocking. I grew up on the south side of Chicago. It was not the first time that I’ve seen bullet holes in cars. It’s not the first time that I’ve seen shell casings, and it’s, frankly, not the first time I’ve seen anybody shot.

What was shocking, really, was that there was a group gathered around this man before he got taken away in the ambulance who were all very upset that he had been shot. It was really clear that there were people there who knew who shot him and that it was a gang-related incident, but that nobody would come forward with any information. That was shocking.

What’s shocking is to see 6-year-old children jump roping in the street at 2:00 a.m., a block away from drug dealers. Just to see that the gap in the circle is education, in my mind, primarily for young women, because it’s the young women that are raising the kids, and that’s where the circle, I think, perpetuates itself. To me, that’s more shocking than seeing somebody shot.

Since Teresa’s such a strong character, how does she test your own strength in new ways?

I think somebody asked the question earlier of having to devote everything to this job, having to live that within the part. I think testing my own strength of having to suppress what are stereotypically more feminine kinds of values, or female values, like nurturing and inclusion and all these things. Because I think really early on in her leadership, as much as she’d like to be inclusive, as much as she’d like to share information, she doesn’t, because it would be perceived as weak and could perhaps put her in a position of weakness, because that is not the nature of the system that she is now a part of. That was trying sometimes to maintain some kind of balance between more masculine values and feminine values. That was really trying sometimes.

Can you talk about specifically the role of a woman in the role that your character’s playing? Did you talk to other women who were in roles of power in Chicago or just in the police force in general?

I did talk to other women. Obviously, it’s a very interesting position to be a woman who’s in charge of a department or several bureaus who are primarily men and even to ascend to the point where she’s even been nominated for the position, because certainly I don’t think anybody intended for her to initially have this position.

There were two other men, older men, who had the position before her and through their own misfortune, she ended up actually becoming superintendent. I really believe that she was probably the token candidate and then is believed to be potentially a puppet for some of the aldermen. They are surprised by the fact that she’s not a puppet, or not the kind of puppet that they would want certainly.
Advertisement

Having said that, her ascension comes through expertise. She’s been in lots of different of departments within the Chicago Police Department. She’s started out as an officer, as a beat cop, was in tactical, was in homicide. She knows a lot of different departments, which is a feasible idea.

So I think that she does have a great deal of respect among her fellow officers, but you would be naïve to think that to be able to ascend to that kind of level isn’t without a cost. She’s got to be a bit of a bad … to run that gamut, and I think it’s cost her her personal life. Everything is about this job, and if we’re fortunate enough to be picked up, you’ll see even more how problematic that is.

Superintendent of the police is a very important position for a woman. Do you feel you were up to the challenges of the role and were there any reservations when you first received the script?

If I didn’t feel I was up to the challenges of the role, I certainly wouldn’t have taken it because I wouldn’t want to disappoint myself or anybody else. I knew that I had a great writing team, and I knew that with John Folino, Detective Folino, as our technical advisor that I would have a lot of help in terms of preparing for the role.

So in the beginning of shooting, I was really sometimes at a loss of what to do, because to try to comprehend the role is pretty extraordinary. There is so much that the superintendent does, and to be the first female superintendent is a lot to take on your plate. So there were so many things that I had questions about that nobody could answer for me, because there had never been a female superintendent in Chicago. So I, like Teresa, was kind of making things up as I went along trying to find my way.

[I had] no reservations at all. I just thought it was a great part, and I think Shawn is an amazing writer and leader. So I had no reservations about it at all.

What is special about "The Chicago Code"? Why should we watch this as a new cop show?

People get a sense that something is really wrong in government and in our culture. There is a corruption not only in politics, but there is a corruption of spirit as well when people are so quick to be violent with one another. I think everybody would like to be able to find a solution to make things better, and I think we have, all of us, inside of us, this desire to reform, and I think we get frustrated because we don’t know how to change things, even if it comes to our own behavior. Sometimes you get frustrated, because you don’t know how to stop that thing that you know is either hurtful to yourself or hurtful to someone else.

Here you have a cop show that is not just about the action that is on the street. It certainly has that element, and it’s got a lot of cop drama kind of stuff that’s going out on the street, but you also have this whole other element where a female police superintendent is taking on corruption not only on the street, but in the halls of power and within her own department. So the paradigm of power is kind of turned on its head a bit by having a female superintendent. So there you’ve already started to change the order of things as we experience it in our day-to-day life, but you’re able to watch as this person is trying to make things right, at great cost to herself, but she’s trying to make things right.

So you get to go into those halls of power where people are making those back-room deals that you know, as an audience, are happening. They’re happening everywhere. No matter what city you live in, those deals are happening, and you know that there’s corruption in politics, and you know that there’s corruption within anybody’s police force. You know that there’s personal corruption, private corruption that’s sometimes illustrated in relationships with people.

The show works on lots of different levels. It works on personal relationships. It works on action and more drama on the street, and then it works on the corruption that goes on within politics. So you can experience the show on lots of different levels.

Would you say that it’s got everything then?

Yes, but it also, really importantly, it has relationships. To be in the police department, regardless of really what your job is in the police department, is very difficult, and to be someone who’s out on the street, to be a homicide detective, is very difficult. I cannot stress the kinds of things that you would see and experience day in and day out, and how wearing that is to the soul, how difficult that is. To witness then, on top of everything, the corruption that goes on in City Hall day in and day out that contributes to the suffering of your fellow officers and contributes to the suffering of the people of the city is incredibly wearying.

So you have to ask yourself, "Why does somebody stay in a job. What do they have going on personally that makes them stay in a job?" The show addresses those questions.

It addresses that personal angle of: "Why is somebody still doing that? My gosh, that’s so hard, that’s so painful. Why is that person still in that job and what does that mean to them to have witnessed this thing during that day?"

It’s not as if the show portrays every police officer as just being this kind of soldier who’s so tough, who can see shootings all day long and they’re impervious to it. No, it takes a toll. It takes a personal toll. So there’s a personal element to the show that I think is important to underline as well. I swear, if I could say that in one sentence, I would really be happy. Sorry about that.

"Chicago Code" will bring in various directors over the course of the season. What is that like for you as an actress? Does it kind of bring a fresh taste to the series each time a new pair of eyes are on it?

Yes. It’s fun. We had lots of great directors on "The L Word" as well. It’s fun. You get to experience your character sometimes in a new way. You get a fresh pair of eyes on the city and on the relationships within the show. So it’s a lot of fun.

What was it like getting to work with "The Chicago Code" cast? Did you find that the chemistry between you all gelled instantly or did you all take a bit of time to fit together?

I think it was pretty quick. Everybody has a pretty good sense of humor. So everybody gelled pretty quickly. In the beginning of the pilot, Jason and I got along really well, and we talked about work all the time. It was great. We had a great relationship, but we didn’t really spend time outside of work together or anything.

Then I had to take a flight from L.A. to New York, and it just so happened that he was sitting next to me for the duration of the flight, and it was really like the first time that we sat and talked personally. It was great. We get along well.

People are very silly on set quite often, not unlike the Chicago Police Department where there’s a certain gala of humor to get through the day. I think that’s also true of many sets. I think a lot of directors were surprised at how it seemed more like maybe a comedic musical on set than a drama. But, yes, everybody got along well instantly, pretty much.

Obviously with Shawn Ryan’s name and with his history with "The Shield," "The Chicago Code" is obviously going to get to compared to "The Shield." It’s in the ad campaign. With such high expectations, what’s that like for you guys that you’re kind of being promoted in the shadow of that previous series?

I can speak for myself. I really separate myself from the advertising department, other than doing interviews. To me, however they want to promote it is fine. Just as long as people tune in and listen to the stories and watch the stories, it doesn’t bother me at all. I think there was a thing about "The L Word" being compared to "Sex and the City" as well [with the slogan] "Same sex, different city," or something like that, and that was fine, too.

Is it safe to say that you’re a feminist? If so, then have you always been one or did something happen as you were growing up and getting wiser?

I grew up with brothers, so I just assumed that I should have the same rights and access to things like baseball bats and field time and all that sort of thing. No, not really. Maybe it was the amount of time my mom read Greek myths to me.

I don’t know. The whole literature about the goddess that somehow permeated and there’s an element of power there. I don’t know. I actually don’t know the answer to that question.

With all of the outdoor shots that you do on "The Chicago Code," do you end up doing a lot of ADR [automated dialogue replacement] with that? What’s your schedule like as far as that goes?

I haven’t done a lot of ADR, not so far, and we’ve being doing ADR for stuff that’s inside too, frankly. Actually, I’m just thinking back to my last ADR session.

There were quite a few scenes that were outside that needed to be looped, and that’s fine. I’m one of those weird actors that really enjoy looping. I get a kick out of it. I think sometimes you can make a scene better if you really pay attention.

What can you tell us about the premiere of "The Chicago Code" and what we can expect from Teresa?

You can expect the person who’s very new to the job, who has a very clear vision of what they want to do and what they want to do for other people and how they want to transform their department and the city. But not necessarily being clear as to how exactly to do it, but having so much bravado that she keeps moving forward. She just keeps moving forward.

Could you talk a bit about the conflict between your character and Alderman Giddons, and what is it like working with Delroy Lindo?

I love working with Delroy Lindo. I get schooled every single day when I work with Delroy Lindo. It’s so much fun. He is so specific in his work and so dedicated to his work. He just made me laugh.

He was a great advisory, because he’s also really smart about the way he went about playing the character. Because as much wickedness as his character is purveying, he also is doing good things as well. So his evil is not perfectly delineated and clear. It’s murky, which is often the way that it is.

So it was terrific to work with Delroy. I cried our last day of shooting together. Like a little kid, I cried, because I wished we had more scenes together, but maybe next season if we get picked up.

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Mar 26 Abr 2011 - 10:42

Entrevista promocionando The Chicago Code

Jennifer Beals - Interview - Extra (@ The Grove) (April 22, 2011) fotos/videos en el tópico https://planetal.forosactivos.com/t1586-jennifer-beals-at-the-grove-april-22-2011
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Jue 28 Abr 2011 - 11:37

Radio Interview
'TRN Central 'Not Really News' With Mancow'
(Monday, April 18, 2011)!!

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Lun 2 Mayo 2011 - 15:06

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Mar 3 Mayo 2011 - 22:42

entrevistas 3 de mayo 2011 - promocionando la visita de Dalai Lama en Chicago en julio, The Chicago Code, hablando de su carrera..
tv ABC 7 Chicago

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

RADIO+VIDEOENTREVISTA
radio WGN
escuchar online:

http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/johnwilliams/wgnam-john-williams-050311-b,0,7181575.mp3file
http://media.trb.com/media/mp3file/2011-05/wgnam-john-williams-050311-b-jennifer-beals-chicago-code-dalai-lama-boyd-blagojevich-trial_61344394.mp3
o
http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/citadel/?sid=1044&mount=WLSAM

video grabado durante la entrevista:
http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/johnwilliams/wgnam-jennifer-beals-john-williams-story,0,2884051.story

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

RADIOENTREVISTA

Jennifer Beals en la radio WLS 890AM (Roe & Roeper)

descargar http://podcasting.fia.net/5149/4730900.mp3
escuchar http://www.wlsam.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=37724&ID=2176973

'''''''
'''''''
'''''''
4 de mayo 2011 - Jennifer sigue con la promoción de la visita de Dalai Lama en Chicago

Entrevista para WCIU (THE U) con Melissa Forman

My Fox Chicago
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/entertainment/american_idol/bill-zwecker-jennifer-beals-dalai-lama-haley-reinhart-risk-american-idol-20110504

''''''''''''''''''''''
10 de mayo 2011,
radio Windy City Queercast (WCQ)

radioentrevista:

http://media.podshow.com/media/1502/episodes/280284/windycityqueercast-280284-05-10-2011_pshow_434559.mp3
o
http://windycityqueercast.com/audio.html?ID=535

Última edición por leonora el Mar 17 Mayo 2011 - 11:57, editado 4 veces
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 6 Mayo 2011 - 3:46

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-mov-0506-beaver-foster-20110505,0,341465.story

Encuentro casual entre Jodie Foster y Jennifer Beals en Chicago, mientras JF concedía una entrevista.
Jodie Foster habla sobre el inicio de su amistad en la universidad de Yale.

Foster se dio la vuelta y saltó para abrazar lárgamente a su amiga de mucho tiempo Jennifer Beals, la estrella de la serie de televisión de Fox "El Código de Chicago" resultó tener que encontrarse con alguien en el mismo restaurante céntrico e de Chicago en el que estaban sentados. "¿Qué estás haciendo aquí?" se preguntaron una a la otra, riendo por este encuentro casual. Las dos han sido amigas desde que asistieron juntas a la Universidad de Yale. "Ella es un año menor que yo", dijo Foster, que tiene, estableciéndose de nuevo después de su reunión improvisada ", por lo que elprimer año deella fue el segundo año para mí. Conocíamos la misma gente, y creo que alguien mencionó "Ella necesita ir a Nueva York, y resultaba que yo tenía un coche, por lo que la llevé a Nueva York un fin de semana, y hemos sido amigos desde entonces. "

Foster turned around and jumped up to embrace longtime pal Jennifer Beals, star of the Fox TV series "The Chicago Code," who happened to be meeting people at the same downtown Chicago restaurant where we were seated. "What are you doing here?" they asked each other, laughing at the random encounter. The pair have been friends since attending Yale together. "She's one year younger than me," said Foster, who is 48, settling back in after their impromptu reunion, "so her freshman year was my sophomore year. We knew the same people, and I think somebody said, 'She needs a ride to New York,' and for some reason I had someone's car, so I drove her to New York one weekend, and we've been friends ever since."
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 1:47

Jennifer Beals talks about her good friend @ElizBerkley's work to help girls and women

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-elizabeth-berkley-20110510,0,1361411.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+chicagotribune/entertainment+%28Chicago+Tribune+news+-+Entertainment%29

Jennifer Beals couldn't help but notice what was happening when she and her close friend, fellow actress Elizabeth Berkley, would head out together.

"You go into restaurants, and people would be drawn to her and telling her their troubles and asking her advice,” the "Chicago Code“ star said. “It never doesn't happen when we're out together."
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 18:21

Entrevista con Jennifer Beals sobre su personaje en The Chicago Code, con motivo al estreno de la serie en el Reino Unido

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tubetalk/a318884/qa-jennifer-beals-talks-the-chicago-code.html
Q&A: Jennifer Beals talks 'The Chicago Code'
Wednesday, May 11 2011, 15:46 BST
By Alex Fletcher, TV Editor

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 Showbiz_jennifer_beals

Shawn Ryan (Lie To Me, The Shield) cop series The Chicago Code finally lands down in the UK this week. Starring Jennifer Beals as the Windy City's first-ever female superintendent Teresa Colvin and Jason Clarke as detective Jarek Wysocki, the show focuses on their battle with police corruption inside and outside the force. Former Flashdance star Beals spoke to journalists earlier this year about what they can expect from the programme.

What is it about this show that makes it different from other cop shows?
"It's true in America and I'm sure it's the same in the UK that people get a sense that something is really wrong in government and our culture and that there's a corruption in not only politics, but spirit as well. People are so quick to be violent with each other. I think people would like to find a solution to make things better and I think we all inside of us have this desire to reform, but we don't know how to change things. And here you have a cop show that is not just about the action on the street. It certainly has that element and there is that cop drama stuff on the street, but there is also a female superintendent who is not only taking on corruption on the street, but in the halls of power and her own department. You are able to watch as this person is trying to make things right at great cost to herself. We all know there is corruption in politics and that there's corruption in any police force and there's also personal corruption and private corruption. That is sometimes illustrated in relationships with people. There are lots of different levels and you can enjoy the show on lots of different levels."

So it's not just a cop action series?
"No, the relationships are really important. To work in the police department, regardless of your position, it's very difficult. To be working on the street or homicide, it's very difficult. I can't stress enough the kinds of things you will see day-in-day-out and how difficult that is for the soul. To witness then on top of everything the corruption in City Hall that contributes to the suffering of your fellow officers and the people of the city, it is incredibly wearing. You have to ask yourself, why does someone stay in a job? What's going on personally that keeps them there? The show addresses those questions. The show doesn't portray every police offer as a soldier who is so tough that they can see shootings all day and they're impervious to it. There is a personal toll, which the show examines."

You spent some time with the police as part of your research. Was that an experience that shocked you?
"The first ride-along was shocking. But then you spend some time playing the part, you spend more time getting information and it's not so shocking. I grew up on the South side of Chicago. It was not the first time that I'd seen bullet holes in cars. It was not the first time I'd seen shell casings and frankly it was not the first time I'd seen anyone get shot. What was shocking really was that there was a group gathered around this man before he was taken away in the ambulance, and it was really clear that people there knew who shot him and that it was gang-related... but nobody would come forward. That was shocking. Seeing kids rope-jumping in the street at 2am, streets away from drug dealers, that's shocking. The gap in the circle is education. Primarily in my mind for the young women, because it's the young women who are raising the kids and that's where the circle perpetuates itself."

In what ways did this role test you?
"I was testing my own strength in having to suppress what is stereotypically more feminine or female values, like nurturing and inclusion. I think early on in her leadership, as much as she'd like to be inclusive and share information, she doesn't because it would be perceived as weak and perhaps put her in a position of weakness. That is not the nature of the system that she is now a part of. That was trying at times. To maintain a balance between masculine values and feminine values. That was really trying sometimes."

Did you talk to any high-powered women before playing the role?
"I did talk to other women. Obviously it's very interesting to be a woman in charge of a department or several bureaus, who are primarily men. To even ascend to the position where she can even be nominated for that job is impressive. I really believe that she was the token candidate and then they thought she would be a puppet. So they are surprised when she's not a puppet. Having said that, her ascension comes through expertise. She's been in lots of different departments in the Chicago police, she started out as an officer, a beat cop, she's done tactical, homicide, she knows a lot, which is a feasible idea. So she does have a great deal of respect from her fellow officers. But you would be naive to think that to be able to ascend to that sort of level wouldn't be without cost. She's got to be a bit of a bad-ass. I think it's also cost her a personal life. Everything is about this job."

Did you have any reservations about the show or the role?
"If I didn't feel up for the challenges of the role, I certainly wouldn't have taken it because I wouldn't want to disappoint myself or anybody else. I knew that I had a great writing time and I knew that we would have a lot of help in preparing for the role. When we started shooting, sometimes I was at a loss on what to do, because comprehending the role was pretty extraordinary. So much that the superintendent does and to be the first female superintendent... it's a lot to take on. There were so many things that I had questions about that nobody could answer for me, because there has never been a female superintendent in Chicago. So with Teresa I was making things up as I go along and I was trying to find my way. And, oh gosh, no reservations about the show. No reservations at all. Shawn is a great writer and a great leader."

The show is obviously being compared to The Shield. Do you mind that?
"For me, I really separate myself from the advertising department apart from doing interviews. However, if they want to promote it as that it is fine. As long as people tune in and watch the stories, it doesn't bother me at all. I think there was a thing about The L Word being compared to Sex and the City as well, 'Same sex, different city', or something like that. That was fine too."

The Chicago Code starts on Thursday, May 12 at 9pm on Sky1.

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  krak777 Jue 12 Mayo 2011 - 11:10

hola leo que bien tener siempre noticias, pero no entiendo ni j de ingles, al menos no se alguien podria poner un breve resumen o la traducción, pero a mi esto de los idiomas no se me da.... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
krak777
krak777
Horror, estoy enganchada al foro!
Horror, estoy enganchada al foro!

Cantidad de envíos : 852
Personajes favoritos : sharmen, kate forever!!!

Mensaje  leonora Jue 12 Mayo 2011 - 13:08

krake777 escribió:hola leo que bien tener siempre noticias, pero no entiendo ni j de ingles, al menos no se alguien podria poner un breve resumen o la traducción, pero a mi esto de los idiomas no se me da.... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

krake, yo tampoco me arreglo bien con el inglés, pero el google translator me ayuda a hacerme una idea general del contenido.. pruébalo tú también :) http://translate.google.com/#en|es|
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Lun 16 Mayo 2011 - 14:05

entrevista de JB para una revista italiana:

http://www.leiweb.it/iodonna/ascolto/11_a_jennifer-beals-serial-tivu.shtml

TIVÙ Jennifer Beals torna sul piccolo schermo

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 RA01_200

Ama la bici e i maglioni comodi. Colleziona madonne e non si tira indietro se c’è da sferrare un pugno. Oggi l'attrice americana sfida il crimine in un serial. E qui confessa una particolare forma di gelosia
Anna Maria Speroni

Che cos'ha sul comodino?
Dipende dalla camera da letto in cui mi trovo: ho tre case in tre diverse città, Vancouver, Chicago e Los Angeles, spesso viaggio per lavoro... Di certo ho sempre un libro, o anche più di uno.

Il rito quotidiano?

Respirare. Guardi che non è una battuta: respiriamo senza pensarci, e spesso lo facciamo male. Invece, come insegna per esempio lo yoga, respirare bene rilassa e migliora la salute. Quindi ogni giorno dedico un po' di tempo a questa pratica: grandi respiri consapevoli...

Il capo di abbigliamento preferito?
Dipende dal tempo. Se proprio devo scegliere dico un maglione, un grande maglione di tipo maschile di qualunque colore: non ne ho uno preferito, varia a seconda dei giorni e dell'umore.

Tv o cinema?
Teatro, veramente, soprattutto a Chicago: ha i migliori teatri del mondo. In ogni quartiere ce n’è uno, magari dentro ci stanno appena cinquanta sedie ma sono sempre tutte occupate. Le proposte sono moltissime e di ogni genere, riesci a vedere ogni sera qualcosa di diverso. Tutti a Chicago possono trovare qualcosa di adatto a sé.

Che libro sta leggendo?
Uomini che odiano le donne di Stieg Larsson. Ne ho sentito molto parlare, e voglio finire di leggerlo prima che esca il film (il remake americano dell'originale svedese, che uscirà in autunno con il titolo La ragazza con il tatuaggio del drago, di David Fincher, ndr).

Il mezzo di trasporto che usa più spesso?
Mi piace molto andare in bicicletta ma non posso usarla tutte le volte che vorrei: d’inverno a Chicago, per esempio, dove le temperature scedono a molti gradi sotto zero, con neve e ghiaccio, è impossibile. Quindi, in quei casi, o vado in automobile oppure a piedi.

Che cosa fa per tenersi in forma?
Niente. Sono stata molto attiva per tutta la vita: facevo triathlon, corsa, maratone di nuoto; mentre giravo The Chicago code (la serie poliziesca in onda su Fox dove Jennifer Beals è un'agente che lotta contro il crimine e la corruzione, ndr) anche un po’ di boxe per sembrare più aggressiva, identificarmi meglio con il personaggio e usare in un modo diverso il corpo. È stato un periodo intenso e quando le riprese sono terminate ho voluto provare un'esperienza nuova per me: non fare nulla. Devo ammettere che mi è piaciuto moltissimo... Adesso però è ora di ricominciare: ho ripreso con attività dolci, come nuoto e yoga.

Che cosa non manca mai nella sua borsa?
Un cellulare. Ormai è impossibile vivere senza.

La collezione?

Non credevo di averne una. Invece un giorno, mentre traslocavo in una casa nuova e sistemavo abiti e oggetti negli scatoloni, mi sono accorta di averne riempiti due con immagini e stauette della Madonna. E mi sono detta accidenti, sto collezionando madonne e non me ne rendevo neanche conto. A parte questo no, collezionare non mi interessa, ho già troppa roba in casa: l'ultima cosa di cui ho bisogno è di ammassarne dell’altra.

Il cibo preferito?
Un tipo di patata dolce che si chiama yam. So che in Italia non è quasi utilizzata, ma vi assicuro che è buonissima e si può preparare in mille modi: alla griglia, in padella, fritta, bollita, affumicata... Ed è sempre gustosa.

Un animale?
I cani. Ne ho una di grossa taglia, una femmina, di cui sono molto gelosa. Così gelosa che il nome non glielo dico, anche se le sembrerò una pazza...

La vacanza più bella?
Quella in occasione del mio quarantesimo compleanno (adesso ho 47 anni): quasi due settimane in Patagonia. In quel momento desideravo qualcosa che mi facesse sentire viva, e l'ho trovata. Dieci ore al giorno a cavallo, campeggio di notte, mi sembrava di stare in Paradiso: silenzio, spazi senza fine, solo natura, nient’altro intorno. Da ragazza, tra l'altro, andavo spesso a cavallo e avevo voglia di ripetere quell’esperienza.

Il film preferito?
Il mago di Oz, con Judy Garland. Mi piaceva già da bambina: l'ho visto non so più quante volte, ormai.

Il luogo del cuore?
Roma. In parte perché ho molti cari amici che vivono lì, in parte perché è una città che mi apre il cuore e la mente. Amo in particolare piazza Navona, anche se è sempre piena di visitatori. Ho fatto la classica scelta da turista, vero?

Su "Io donna", 14-20 maggio 2011

-----------
variante al inglés, vía http://www.jennifer-beals.com/media/press/IoDonna.html

Io Donna (May 2011)
Original Italian article: http://www.leiweb.it/iodonna/ascolto/11_a_jennifer-beals-serial-tivu.shtml
Translation:

She loves the bike and comfy sweaters. Collect Madonnas (Virgins) and doesn't hold back if she is to deliver a punch. Today, the American actress challenges crime on a tv series. And here she confess a particular form of jealousy.
Anna Maria Speroni
What's on the table?
It depends on the bedroom where I am: I have three homes in three cities, Vancouver, Chicago and Los Angeles, often traveling for work ... Of course I always have a book, or more than one.
The daily ritual?
Breathe. Look, is not a joke: we breathe without thinking, and often we do it wrong. Instead, for example, what yoga teaches, breathing relaxes and improves good health. Every day I spend a little time to this practice: big breaths awareness ...
Favorite item of clothing?
Depends on the weather. Let's say I have to choose a sweater, a big sweater male type of any color: I don't have a favorite, it varies depending on the day and mood.
TV or movies?
Theater, really, especially in Chicago, it has the best theaters in the world. In every neighborhood there is one, maybe there are just fifty chairs inside but they are always full. The options are numerous and of every kind, you see something different every night. Anyone in Chicago can find something they like
What book are you reading?
Men Who Hate Women by Stieg Larsson. I heard a lot about it and I want to finish reading it before the movie comes out (the American remake of the original Swedish, to be released in the autumn under the title The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by David Fincher, Ed.)
What are means of transport that you use more often?
I really like riding a bike but I can not use it whenever I want: winter in Chicago, for example, where temperatures exceeds many degrees below zero, with snow and ice, is impossible. So in those cases, or go by car or on foot.
What do you do to keep fit?
Nothing. I have been very active throughout my life: doing triathlon, running, marathon, swimming, for the Chicago Code (the detective series that broadcast on Fox where Jennifer Beals is an agent that the fight against crime and corruption) a bit 'of boxing to look more aggressive, to better identify with the character and use the body in a different way. It was an intense time, and when filming ended I wanted to try a new experience for me: do nothing. I must admit that I liked it very much ... But now it's time to start again: I started with gentle activities such as swimming and yoga.
What's never missing in your bag?
A cell phone. It is now impossible to live without.
The collection?
I dont think I have one. One day, while moving into a new house and while putting things into boxes, I noticed I had filled two boxes with images and statues of the Virgin. And I said damn, I'm collecting virgins and I don't even realize. Apart from that no, collecting doesn't interest me, I have too much stuff in the house: the last thing I need is to accumulate more.
Favorite food?
A type of sweet potato called yam. I know that in Italy is hardly used, but I assure you that it is very good and can be prepared in many ways: grilled, fried, fried, boiled, smoked ... And it's always tasty.
An animal?
Dogs. I have a large size, a female, I am very jealous. So jealous that I will not tell the name, even though I seem crazy ...
The most beautiful holiday?
The occasion of my 40th birthday (now I am 47 years old), almost two weeks in Patagonia. At that moment I wanted something that would make me feel alive, and I found it. Ten hours a day on horseback, camping at night, it seemed to be in Paradise: silence, endless space, only nature, nothing else around. As a girl, among other things, I often went riding and I wanted to repeat that experience.
Favorite movie?
The Wizard of Oz, starring Judy Garland. I liked it as a child: I don't know how many times I've seen it
The place in the heart?
Rome. In part because I have many dear friends who live there, partly because it is a city that opens my heart and mind. I love Piazza Navona in particular, although it is always full of visitors. I made the classic choice as a tourist, right?

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Lun 16 Mayo 2011 - 20:53

http://www.makeitbetter.net/entertainment/whats-hot/2964-jennifer-beals-the-chicago-natives-next-act
May 2011 | By Liz Logan |
Jennifer Beals: The Chicago Native’s Next Act

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 Jenniferbeals1

Jennifer Beals traded the torn, off-the-shoulder sweatshirt look from her “Flashdance” days for a buttoned-up uniform, playing the city’s first female police superintendent in Fox’s now-defunct “The Chicago Code.”

Before making her mark as a steel worker by day/exotic dancer by night at age 19, Beals grew up mostly on Chicago’s South Side (though her family lived in Evanston briefly), the daughter of an African-American father who owned a grocery store and an Irish-Catholic mother who taught elementary school. She attended the Francis W. Parker School on scholarship, and starting working as a model in high school. She took a break from her first year at Yale to film “Flashdance,” which was a box office smash.

Almost 30 years later, Beals has maintained a successful acting career, including many film and TV roles. Her latest projects include the 2010 post-apocalyptic film “The Book of Eli” with Denzel Washington and Mila Kunis, the indie film “Night for Dying Tigers,” which was recently released in Canada, and “Queen to Play,” a French film with Kevin Kline that’s currently playing at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago.

And when she’s not acting, she spends time promoting peace—volunteering on behalf of the Dalai Lama, who will speak in Chicago on July 17 and 18.

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 24 Dalailama1

MIB: What was it like starring alongside your hometown on the cops drama “The Chicago Code”?
JB: It was so great. I came home, which is always a welcome feeling. I got to see my family and my friends, and partake of the physical beauty that is this city.
MIB: What do you love about Dalai Lama? Are you a Buddhist?
JB: I am a student of many religions, and I practice Buddhism. But people of all faiths should come to these events. The point is finding the bridge between faiths.
I had the pleasure of hearing His Holiness speak in Los Angeles several years ago. He talked about complex ideas using simple language and a tremendous sense of humor. You felt like you were the only person in the room. I’m very excited to hear him speak about his recent book, “Toward a True Kinship of Faiths,” which is of such an urgent nature. Practicing tolerance and nondiscrimination strengthens our society.
MIB: What charities have you been working with lately?
JB: I worked on “The L Word” for a long time, and I feel like an honorary member of the LGBT community, so I work with the Matthew Shepard Foundation. I also work with the Pablove Foundation, which funds research on pediatric cancers, and Partners in Health in Haiti.
MIB: How do you balance your busy career with being a mom?
JB: Like everyone does—you become a master juggler. I have a Blackberry and an iPad. But truly, old-fashioned lists work best.
MIB: What’s your workout these days?
JB: When I was working on “The Chicago Code,” I started boxing—to get into the character—with some running. And when I was done, I stopped. Now, I’ll exercise a couple of times a week—a yoga class, and some swimming—but that’s really it. The more “yin” the workout, the better.
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Mar 7 Jun 2011 - 10:00

leonora
leonora