PlanetaL
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Entrevistas y reportajes

+10
leonora
Janis
pke
masay
Heya
gabyco
lurdes beals
kamakaII
miss L
julia
14 participantes

Página 25 de 26. Precedente  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Siguiente

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 Empty Re: Entrevistas y reportajes

Mensaje  leonora Sáb 25 Jun 2011 - 9:51

Artículo de Dailymail con motivo al recientemente estrenado The Chicago Code en UK, pero abarcando también otros demas de su carrera

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2006900/What-feeling-I-ve-got-47-Jennifer-Beals-sex-symbol-Flashdance-s-setting-TV-screens-alight-decades-later.html#ixzz1QGqs5NSX

What a feeling! I’ve still got it at 47: Jennifer Beals first became a sex symbol in Flashdance and now she’s setting TV screens alight almost three decades later
By Lina Das, 24 june 2011

Jennifer Beals was the star of Flashdance, one of the biggest movies of the 1980s – with one of the most memorable soundtracks – and although it’s hard to believe the film is nearly 30 years old, her place in men’s hearts is unassailed.

As Alex Owens – the legendary welder-by-day/dancer-by-night – Jennifer walked the tough-yet-feminine line with singular aplomb, and it’s a feat she manages once again in her new series The Chicago Code.
It is a crime drama (created by Shawn Ryan, the man behind The Shield) that focuses on the frictions behind the city’s police force. Beals is again thrust into a male-dominated world as Teresa Colvin, Chicago’s first female police chief and the woman in charge of a 10,000-strong force.

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 Hvrq6p
Comeback: Jennifer Beals first became a sex symbol in Flashdance when she was 19 and now at 47 she is making a return in her new crime drama The Chicago Code

Colvin fights corruption, moving her way round the convoluted politics of the city and kicking industrial amounts of backside. But, says Jennifer, ‘She and I are very different. She has a strong moral compass, but she just isn’t too good at balancing family and friends with her job.’

After a career spanning 30 years, with roles in films such as The Book Of Eli with Denzel Washington, The Chicago Code is Jennifer’s third regular TV role – her first was on The L Word, which ended two years ago. It was a critical and commercial success, and focused on the love lives of a glamorous group of LA lesbians, not dissimilar to the straight ladies of Sex And The City.

Her role as Bette Porter included a smattering of lesbian love scenes, and although Jennifer had a no-nudity clause in her contract (‘I was offered Playboy and told them I’d do it when there was peace in the Middle East’), she still engaged in some risqué moments on screen. ‘As you get older, any kind of sex scene becomes a concern,’ she laughs. ‘As for kissing women, at first I thought, “What do I do?” But then I decided, this scene is about me loving this person, so I just related it to that. I’m heterosexual and have not questioned my sexuality so the love scenes weren’t a problem.’

That the show revved up Jennifer’s sex symbol status is unquestionable, ‘and at my age, I’m just grateful if anyone still thinks I’m sexy.’ She is, of course, talking nonsense. At 47 and devoid of make-up, she is still immensely pretty, and in khaki capris, gingham shirt and flip flops, retains her svelte Flashdance figure. She hasn’t resorted to Botox or surgery: ‘I have no intention of doing so because I’d be the one they’d screw it up on and I’d end up looking like a Picasso.’

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 14w9x1
Legendary: Jennifer pictured as Alex Owens in the 1980s film Flashdance

Jennifer has long had a reputation for guarding her private life (‘there are about three people who have my home phone number and they are all related to me’), and for tensing slightly at any mention of the ‘F’ word. It is noticeable how her chattiness dissolves when I speak of Flashdance. One can understand her wariness at having to discuss a film she made so long ago, but it was a huge success, making more than £60m in the States alone and turning 19-year-old Jennifer into a star.

‘I’ve done a lot since then, but it seems that people just love talking about it. I don’t think it makes me feel proud, because I didn’t write or direct it. But it’s nice that people remember the film fondly. I was offered lots of money to make Flashdance 2, but I just wasn’t interested. Money has never been a motivating factor for me but you have no idea what people around me were going through when I turned down the offers. They were losing their minds. But I don’t have any regrets.’

Jennifer beat 4,000 other girls to win the part of Alex Owens in Flashdance, but when the film became a worldwide hit and offers flooded in, she did the unthinkable: she turned her back on fame and went to Yale University to study literature, Italian and photography. What then does she make of the young Hollywood stars such as Lindsay Lohan, shuttling between parties, rehab and court appearances? ‘My advice to them would be just to stop!’ she says. ‘You can’t party every day. I suppose life is about the pursuit of pleasures and mine didn’t involve alcohol, they involved reading.’

At Yale, fellow students included Jodie Foster and David Duchovny of The X-Files. ‘At college he used to follow me around and ask me for dates,’ she laughs. ‘And then, when I went to acting class in New York, who was there but David Duchovny? He swore he wasn’t stalking me, but after that we became acting partners and friends.’

Born in Chicago to mixed-race parents, Jennifer, the middle of three children, was just nine when her father died. Despite being ‘unbelievably shy’, she loved acting in school plays. ‘I don’t know if acting helped me overcome my shyness, but you can’t afford to be shy in this business because you’re forever telling people to “p*** off”!’ She has been married to Canadian entrepreneur Ken Dixon for 13 years and says, ‘My husband does so many romantic things. One day I was on my way home and he knew that I had not had a great day, so he had a gazillion rose petals in the doorway that spelled out “I love you”.’

Jennifer was stepmother to his two children, now aged 18 and 23, and then, at the age of 41, she gave birth to her first child. ‘I won’t tell you her name. She’s five now and can tell you herself when she’s older. Even though I was in my 40s, I hadn’t given up hope of having children. I just always thought it would happen when it was supposed to. I don’t know if having a child later makes it more special because it’s special whenever it happens, but it’s amazing how your priorities change overnight.’

She insists she has no regrets about shying away from more lucrative roles early in her career. ‘I care a lot about my work. I’m just not someone who concentrates on my career. I think that’s a very boring way of looking at things.’ The very opposite then of her new character, Teresa Colvin. ‘Teresa is very driven and righteous and I’m not nearly as driven or organised. I need to talk out loud a lot just to get myself out the door.’

The Chicago Code is on Thursdays, 9pm, Sky1.

leonora
leonora
Trátame bien, soy una forera muy activa

Cantidad de envíos : 608
Personajes favoritos : Bette

Mensaje  leonora Dom 26 Jun 2011 - 15:43

http://networkedblogs.com/jEztu
"…and I’d end up looking like a Picasso."

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 558212640002

Jennifer Beals verrà ricordata perennemente per due cose: essere stata la “ragazzina ballerina” protagonista di Flashdance, e poi la lesbica più In di LWord. Nella nuova intervista dal brittanico Dailymail.co intitolata What a feeling!… potete ri-trovare tutto ciò, con una “solita” Jeibì dedita a rispondere sempre con il “solito” discernimento che la contraddistingue, alle “solite” domande che le vengono rivolte ogni qualvolta dalla/o giornalista di turno. Il motivo di questa intervista è data dal debutto televisivo di The Chicago Code nel Regno Unito, tramite il canale Sky1. Lei 47 anni compiuti, che senza make-up (lo scrive la stessa autrice, noi lo confermiamo) è ancora “immensamente bella”, trova strano pure che qualcuno la consideri (?)sexy. E’ una persona pubblica con una vita privata molto riservata, tanto che afferma che il suo numero telefonico di casa lo hanno solo tre persone che le sono tra l’altro molto vicine. Parla di Flashdance, del personaggio di Teresa Colvin in TCC, e il periodo riguardante L Word, che lo riassume, spiegando come:

il suo ruolo di Bette Porter incluso un accenno di scene d'amore lesbico, e anche se ha avuto una clausola nel suo contratto di No-nudità ("mi è stata offerta di Playboy e ha detto loro l'avrei fatto quando c'era la pace in Medio Oriente"), lei ancora impegnata in alcuni momenti osé sullo schermo. "Come si invecchia, qualsiasi tipo di scena di sesso diventa un problema", ride. "Per quanto riguarda baciare le donne, in un primo momento ho pensato: Che cosa devo fare? Ma poi ho deciso, questa scena è su di me e come amare questa persona, quindi ho appena reagito a questo. Sono etero e non hanno messo in discussione la mia sessualità in modo che il problema non fossero le scene d'amore."

Il che direi, questo poi le è riuscito alla perfezione, non trovate sorelle?
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 1 Jul 2011 - 19:07

http://www.examiner.com/acting-industry-in-los-angeles/chicago-code-s-jennifer-beals-candidly-converses-about-career

Chicago Code’s Jennifer Beals candidly converses about career

Judy Echavez, LA Acting Industry Examiner
July 1, 201

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 113ac98018cfeeb367d2eef11b581466

From flashdancer to tough top cop, actress Jennifer Beals has entertained audiences for nearly three decades. Her trademark smile and solid acting skills have landed her roles in more than 50 films. In April, the 47-year old Yale University graduate made People Magazine’s Most Beautiful list. Last month, she graced the stage at The Screen Actors Guild LA for a Q&A after screening an episode of Chicago Code.

Beals portrayed the city’s first female police superintendent Teresa Colvin in the FOX drama. The fast-paced series centered on Chicago P.D. fighting crime and corruption in the Windy City. It also depicted Colvin’s relationships with her family and her colleagues including ex-partner Detective Jarek Wysocki played by actor Jason Clarke. Executive producer and writer Shawn Ryan, who worked with Beals on Lie to Me, created the show, which FOX recently canceled.

Beals, a Chicago native, discussed auditioning for the police procedural. “I walked into the room with my power and didn’t make myself small,” she said. “I focused on the love for the city and the relationship with Wysocki.” After nailing the audition, she began working on her Chicago dialect and even spent time on the streets and at the gun range with city cops.

She credits her time on Showtime’s The L Word, starring as Bette Porter to help her prepare for the Chicago Code role. She was on the popular show for five years. “I loved playing that part. It was a huge experience to a play a part that means so much to so many people,” she stated.

Beals’ life-long passion for acting stemmed from when she was a young girl. “When I was younger, I had a desire to be close to God, to be in my own power. It wasn’t ambition but instead the ability to express myself and play,” she explained. “I’m lucky to be paid for what I do.” She reminded the actor-filled audience they must love auditioning. “When I audition, I’m excited. I say I get to go act this afternoon.”

Her big break came in 1983 after living in Paris and working as a model. The unknown teenage actress won the lead in Adrian Lyne’s Flashdance, She portrayed Alex Owens, a Pittsburg woman juggling two jobs, a welder by day and an exotic dancer at night, with dreams to dance her way into ballet school. The role landed her a Golden Globe nomination.
Advertisement

Beals admitted there are certain parts she’s very connected to from the start. One of those was the Daphne Monet character in the 1995 film Devil in a Blue Dress, where she starred opposite Denzel Washington. Beals said she also fought really hard for a part in The Book of Eli, also with Washington, in which she appeared as a blind woman.

“Acting is less putting on costume, hair and makeup,” Beals said. “It’s the mystery inside coming out.” She reminded actors to give themselves permission to jump into the mystery. “Go towards it with humility and playfulness.”

In comparing roles, Beals described The Book of Eli as a dark void, whirlpool-depression while surviving. However, in Flashdance, she stated her role was about the authenticity to follow your dream of who you are and paying attention to who you are.

“Go down beneath the surface and embrace mystery and shadow. Be unafraid of capability. Ourselves stop us most of the time,” shared Beals, who recalled a director telling her to ‘take responsibility for my talent’. From that moment, Beals said she started expressing herself that way.

At times, some actors hit roadblocks in their careers. For Beals, she’s been fortunate to constantly work and said she never thought of giving up acting. “It’s the only thing I can do besides being a good thumb wrestler. I love it desperately,” she added.

Her advice for actors: always focus on your craft, you’re never done learning and the more you have to offer in a room, the better you feel. “Stay in the process, have humility for the process, its never ever done,” she added. Quoting Carl Franklin, director and writer of Devil in a Blue Dress, Beals said “the camera sees who you are”.

Beals and her fans hope another network will give Chicago Code a shot and a time slot. Meantime, she’s tapping into a new talent. “I’m not waiting for the phone to ring. I’m writing now.” Beals said, “We are all part of the storytelling process.” With her talent, beauty and creativity, Beals is on her way to even more success.

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 13 Jul 2011 - 0:19

http://westernsprings.suntimes.com/entertainment/6469229-421/actress-speaks-on-buddhism-and-the-dalai-lama.html#.ThzEd2mt_KM.tweet

Actress speaks on Buddhism and the Dalai Lama

BY LILLI KUZMA Contributor July 12, 2011 4:44PM

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 Jpeg
Jennifer Beals

Bridging the Faith Divide: A Public Talk by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
1:30 p.m. Sunday, July 17
UIC Pavilion, 525 S. Racine, Chicago
$25-$125
(312) 413-5740 or Ticketmaster at: http://www.ticketmaster.com
Tickets to the July 18 Harris Theater panel discussion, “Building Bridges: Religious Leaders in Conversation with the Dalai Lama,” are currently sold out, but more
may become available closer to the event.
iClips streaming
iClips will stream both Chicago talks by the Dalai Lama, starting at 1:30 p.m. July 17 and 9:30 a.m. July 18. Interested viewers only need to log on to the iClips web site at the designated start times. There is no charge to view the presentations on iClips. The live video streams for both events will be featured on:
http://www.iclips.net/watch/dalai-lama-public-talk.
Updated: July 12, 2011 4:44PM

Jennifer Beals is well-known to many Americans as an acclaimed actress with a long list of film credits, including her starring role in the break-out hit, “Flashdance,” and her work with Denzel Washington in “Devil in a Blue Dress,” and her TV roles on “The ‘L’ Word,” “Lie to Me” and most recently, “The Chicago Code.” But Beals is also a practicing Buddhist, and has been involved with the upcoming visit to Chicago by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama on July 17-18. Beals, 47, was born and raised in Chicago, and now resides with her family in Los Angeles. She spoke recently by phone to Pioneer Press.

Pioneer Press: What it your formal involvement with the upcoming visit by the Dalai Lama?

Jennifer Beals: I was the spokesperson, interfacing with the press to let people know he was coming. I was the person who was running through the streets going, “His Holiness is coming! His Holiness is coming!”

Pioneer Press: Are you a member of the Theosophical Society in America?

Beals: No, I met the president (of the Theosophical Society), Tim Boyd, when we did a television interview together and I’ve been to the Theosophical Society (center in Wheaton) a few times, played in their labyrinth, they have this amazing labyrinth, and a beautiful library there.

Pioneer Press: For the Dalai Lama visit, will you be present?

Beals: Absolutely.

Pioneer Press: At both of the events?

Beals: Yes, absolutely. I believe on the 17th I may speak.

Pioneer Press: Have you met or been in the presence of the Dalai Lama?

Beals: Yes. I haven’t met him, although I feel like I have met him personally, because he makes you feel that way when he’s in the room. And he’s also very funny.

Pioneer Press: How did you get into Buddhism?

Beals: I don’t remember exactly how it began. It was 14 years ago. Formal study would have been 10 years ago. It’s a very interesting thing. The Buddha doesn’t want you to take anything on faith, but to investigate it on your own, so requires a lot of analytical thinking. So I started studying at a center, I had a teacher who was a (Buddhist) nun. Before that, I had enjoyed meditating in a group, and remember saying to a friend that I really enjoyed the meditation part of yoga class and wish I could find just a meditation class.

Pioneer Press: Was your family religious?

Beals: No, not at all, in fact I begged my mom to take me to Sunday school. She wouldn’t take me, she had grown up Catholic and (didn’t want that experience for me). Then I asked to go to temple school, but of course we weren’t Jewish. So I just read the Bible at night before I went to bed. And I found a catechism at the back of Silver Surfer magazine that I sent away for.

Pioneer Press: You attended the Francis W. Parker School in Chicago. How did your education there influence you?

Beals: Being a progressive school, we studied world religion early on, and I think every school should have that, so we don’t learn to discriminate, especially out of ignorance. Being in a progressive school was helpful, but you don’t need to be at a progressive school to understand such beliefs. I was just fortunate that it was progressive enough at that time that the curriculum taught world religions, and the need to embrace pluralism — that everyone has a voice to be heard, and that is part of humanity and democracy, and a good way for us to not end up hurting each other.

Pioneer Press: You grew up in Chicago, but do you have a connection to any of the suburban towns in Chicagoland?

Beals: I lived in Evanston for about three months after my father passed away.

Pioneer Press: Your late father was African American, your mother Irish American. How did being biracial impact your life?

Beals: Well I think in a lot of ways. We could talk about that for all eternity. But one thing, vis-à-vis this conversation, is you get to see both worlds, and you get to understand that they in more ways similar than different. I mean, I really felt like I was able to be in both and not a lot of people are given that. Certainly there’s a sense of otherness that comes with that, but there’s also a sense of clarity.

Pioneer Press: Through some of your acting roles, you have helped to promote acceptance of gender issues, from being a female welder in “Flashdance” to The “L” Word series and the gay issues, to your most recent role portraying Chicago’s first police superintendent. Are these roles ones you have sought out, or are you sought out for these roles of a trail-blazing woman?

Beals: I don’t know. If given a choice, I pick roles that are more interesting to me, but it seems to have just happened. I’ve gotten really spoiled now, with having parts that mean so much to a lot of people.

Pioneer Press: How do you see the world right now, with where we’re headed?

Beals: I was at the World Peace Talk the other day that His Holiness gave, and he was talking about how we have the opportunity to make the 21st century better than the 20th century, how the 20th century was so
violent. There were a lot of great things that came from the 20th century, certainly in terms of civil rights
and human rights, but that we have the opportunity right now to make changes to make sure the 21st century is a more peaceful one.

Pioneer Press: For the visit of the Dalai Lama this weekend, what are you hoping to get out of it, and what are you hoping others will get out of it?

Beals:Well, for me, I always hope I will get a deeper level of understanding of his teaching, because there are so many different levels upon which you can comprehend. And so for me, a deeper understanding. As for other people, in terms of developing a kinship of faith, I just hope other people can take in the teaching, and realize that the ways in which we are similar are more numerous than the ways in which we are different, and what binds us all is our desire for happiness, and our ability to show compassion. Belief in compassion and importance of compassion binds us, not only any religion that I know of, but also people who aren’t religious. It’s just a moral, ethical standpoint or view. The ability to love and the ability for compassion and affection are already hard-wired in our brain, and it’s through our awareness that we can extend it to other people.
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Sáb 16 Jul 2011 - 7:59

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/6494252-421/beals-beats-the-drum-for-dalai-lama-buddhism.html
Jennifer Beals beats the drum for Dalai Lama, Buddhism
BY LILLI KUZMA For Sun-Times Media July 15, 2011 5:48PM

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 Jpeg

Jennifer Beals is well known as an acclaimed actress with a long list of film credits, including her breakout starring role in 1983 hit “Flashdance” and her work with Denzel Washington in “Devil in a Blue Dress,” as well as TV roles on “The L Word,” “Lie to Me” and, most recently, “The Chicago Code.”

But Beals also is a practicing Buddhist and has been involved with the upcoming visit to Chicago by His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, who will speak at the UIC Pavilion on Sunday and lead a panel discussion at the Harris Theater on Monday, which is sold out.

Beals, 47, was born and raised in Chicago, and now resides with her family in Los Angeles. She spoke recently by phone to Sun-Times Media.

Q. What is your formal involvement with the visit by the Dalai Lama?

Jennifer Beals: I was the spokesperson, interfacing with the press to let people know he was coming. I was the person who was running through the streets going, “His Holiness is coming! His Holiness is coming!”

Q. For the Dalai Lama’s visit, will you be present?

A : Absolutely.

Q. At both of the events?

A. Yes, absolutely. I believe on the 17th I may speak.

Q. Have you met or been in the presence of the Dalai Lama?

A. I haven’t met him, although I feel like I have met him personally, because he makes you feel that way when he’s in the room. And he’s also very funny.

Q. How did you get into Buddhism?

A. I don’t remember exactly how it began. It was 14 years ago. Formal study would have been 10 years ago. It’s a very interesting thing. The Buddha doesn’t want you to take anything on faith but to investigate it on your own, so it requires a lot of analytical thinking. So I started studying at a center, I had a teacher who was a [Buddhist] nun.

Q. For the visit of the Dalai Lama this weekend, what are you hoping to get out of it?

A. I always hope I will get a deeper level of understanding of his teaching, because there are so many different levels upon which you can comprehend. And so, for me, a deeper understanding.
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Sáb 16 Jul 2011 - 9:54

http://www.l-word.com/transcripts/tx/regis.html

Jennifer Beals appears on Live with Regis and Kelly - 31 Mar 2004 - TV Transcript

Live with Regis and Kelly is filmed before a live studio audience. It features free-form discussion and interview sessions, so the dialogue is fast-paced and people are often talking over each other.

Regis: Allright, one of the hardest working actors in Hollywood, 40 movies to her credit.

Kelly: Wow.

Regis: I guess we'll always remember what I believe is the first one, "Flashdance"...

Kelly: Sure, of course!

Regis: ... which was some kinda movie!

[The audience cheers and claps.]

Regis: That was a long time ago. She's had a great career since then, now she's starring in the new Showtime series "The L Word," here's Jennifer Beals!

[Regis and Kelly stand as Jennifer walks onto the stage. Dance music plays. The audience cheers and claps.]

Regis: (over audience cheering) She still looks incredible!

Kelly: (over audience cheering) Wowww!

[Jennifer, walking out, waves at the audience. They cheer louder. Jennifer walks over to Regis. They shake hands. The audience continues to cheer.]

Regis: (over audience cheering) Hi, Jennifer!

Jennifer: (over audience cheering) Hi, nice to see you!

[Jennifer kisses Regis on the cheek.]

Regis: (says something unintelligible over audience cheering)

Kelly: (over audience cheering) You look great!

Jennifer: (over audience cheering) Thank you!

[Jennifer and Kelly kiss on the cheek.]

Kelly: (over audience cheering) Oh, my gosh!

Regis: Oh, boy!

Kelly: Okay, I love your whole outfit!

Regis: Yeah, look at you.

Kelly: It's so good!

[Everybody sits down. The audience hoots and cheers for Jennifer's outfit.]

Jennifer: Thank you!

Regis: Springtime, got a little pink on, here, looking good.

Jennifer: Yeah. I tried to get dressed up for you guys!

Regis: We appreciate that.

Kelly: You look great.

Regis: We really do. Anyways, good to see you again.

Jennifer: Nice to see you, too.

Regis: Absolutely. And I know you don't wanna talk about "Flashdance," you're tired of talking about it...

[Jennifer chuckles.]

Regis: ... but you look just as great as you did 20 years ago.

Jennifer: Oh, thank you.

[The audience claps and cheers. Jennifer smiles.]

Jennifer: Thank you.

Kelly: (to Regis) Jennifer's a horseback rider!

Regis: Really, you like horseback riding?

Jennifer: I love horseback riding.

Kelly: You took a long journey on a horse, didn't you?

Jennifer: Uh, well, recently I went on a trip to Patagonia.

Kelly: Mm-hmm.

Jennifer: Which is, you know, the tip of South America, and we went horseback riding for 10 days and we camped out in tents, and... it was -

Regis: Well, what -

Kelly: Ten days on a horse!

Regis: Yeah!

[Jennifer laughs.]

Kelly: Were there no taxis to be found?

[The audience laughs.]

Regis: Now, why did you have to go all the way to Patagonia?

Jennifer: Well, you know, I tried to find a trip in Southern California and Arizona, and I couldn't find any.

Regis: A horseback riding trip.

Jennifer: Yeah, like, a long horse packing trip.

Regis: Mm-hmm.

Jennifer: Because this was in December and it was too cold, and so nobody's taking anybody out.

Regis: Yeah. So, so do you have your own horse?

Jennifer: I don't, because I travel so much. I would love to have my own horse.

Kelly: Right.

Jennifer: But, the trip was really wonderful, it was pretty grueling sometimes...

Kelly: But after a while... (motioning to hips) on a horse...

Regis: What?

Jennifer: It's - you know, it's not here (motioning to hips), it's here (touches stomach).

Regis: What, what happens? What?

Kelly: Oh, it's there? (motioning to stomach)

Jennifer: Your stomach muscles are killing you.

[Regis puts a hand to his stomach.]

Regis: Really, eh?

Jennifer: Because they have the different type of saddle. There's the - Chilean saddle is different. And they ri - it's just like the - (motioning) a piece of leather, and then a sheepskin over it, so there's not much cushioning and you have to sit back a little bit (leans back), and I after two days, I was like, "Please, God, let's get to the camp," 'cause I was really tired.

[Kelly laughs. The audience chuckles.]

Regis: And it was a camp you were going to, or was it...

Jennifer: Yeah, we went to a camp and then we put up our tents, and I went with a couple friends of mine and my husband and we were out shopping for sleeping bags and things, and they were gonna get these little thin (gestures with fingers together), uh, mattresses that you put under the sleeping bags.

Jennifer: I was, like, "No, no, no, you get the Four Seasons pad. that's got, like, 4 inches (gestures, holding fingers apart several inches) and...

Regis: Yeah, that's what you need. (chuckles)

Kelly: Yeah, there you go!

Jennifer: Pretty well.

Kelly: That's a - that's a good girl. I'm shocked that you should've been in a Four Seasons...

[Jennifer laughs.]

Kelly: You could've taken your horse up there, and then...

[The audience laughs. Regis leans over and picks up a camera off the table by his chair.]

Regis: So, you're into photography...

Kelly: Hitch him out front?

[Jennifer laughs.]

Regis: (to Kelly) Do you know that we have never had a guest come on our show and tell us, "I'd love to have a picture of the two of you." You know?

Kelly: Well, that's probably...

Regis: Here's Jennifer Beals, here's a big student of photography...

Regis: And, this is a cam -

Jennifer: This is my camera.

Regis: This is your camera, huh?

Jennifer: Yeah. One of them. There's -

Regis: Don't you have one of those cameras where you just press a button, press another button and the thing comes out, you know (makes a pulling motion from the bottom of the camera), the picture comes out?

Jennifer: Oh, no, no, I don't have one of those. I think that's called a Polaroid.

Regis: Polaroid!

[Kelly squints at the audience. They chuckle.]

Regis: Yeah! No, no, not the Polaroid - you know, the new - the new stuff!

Someone offstage: Digital?

Regis: Digital! Digital!

[Regis hands the camera to Jennifer.]

Jennifer: Digital. I don't really like digital -

Regis: I don't either!

Kelly: Digital? The picture doesn't (unintelligible as everyone's talking over each other)

Regis: We don't like digital!

Jennifer: I like film, I like film.

Regis: We like film. We absolutely like it. (motioning) You put it in a box, you send it to the - you take it up to the Photo Max, whatever it is - (motions)

[The audience chuckles.]

Regis: You go back two days later, and they're all made for you! What's the problem!

Jennifer: Or, you can do it yourself, and it's even more exciting.

Regis: You do it yourself, too?

Jennifer: Yeah.

Regis: Boy, you're really into it, aren't you?

Kelly: (to Regis) See, she's a real - she's a real photographer. I mean, that's what they do, they...

[Jennifer brings the camera up to her eye to snap a picture.]

Kelly: She's gonna take our picture! Wait a minute! Let me - wait, wait, wait! This is so nerve-wracking! Let me - !

[Regis stands up with a foot on the chair, facing Jennifer. Kelly faces the audience and musses her hair.]

Jennifer: Ready?

Kelly: Okay!

[Jennifer, laughing, brings the camera down to check something. She brings it back up.]

Kelly: On the count of three! One, two -

[Regis stands rigid as Kelly whips her head around to strike a sexy pose. The audience laughs. Jennifer snaps the picture, laughing. Regis laughs as he and Kelly sit back down. Jennifer and Kelly laugh.]

Regis: Allright, let's talk about this new series "The L Word". "The L Word" means... what does "The L Word" mean?

[Jennifer sets the camera down on the table by her chair.]

Jennifer: What do you think it means?

Kelly: Yeah, we wanna know what it means.

Regis: I think it means Leonard.

Jennifer: Leonard? That's a good one! I've never heard that one! It can mean a lot of things.

Regis: Yeah.

Jennifer: It can mean love.

Regis: Yeah.

Jennifer: It can mean lascivious.

Regis: Uh-huh.

Jennifer: On a bad day, it could be laxative.

[The audience laughs. Regis wrinkles his face up.]

Kelly: Great!

Jennifer: But, in this case, I think most of all, it means lesbian.

Audience: Ooh.

Regis: Aha.

Jennifer: So.

Regis: So, you're playing a lesbian?

Jennifer: I am. I'm playing a lesbian.

Regis: How did you research that role?

[The audience laughs. Jennifer grins and points a finger at Regis and Kelly.]

Jennifer: Aren't you a funny guy? Actually, I researched the role in that the woman is the director of an art museum. She's very, uh, focused on her work, and so I spent a lot of time, um, trying to learn what it takes to run a museum. So, that's really the research that I did.

Jennifer: The other stuff, I just kind of...

Regis: How many - how many girls are there in this show? 3.22

Jennifer: My gosh, I think there's 6 of us?

Regis: Six.

Jennifer: Six or 7?

Kelly: Do you all get along?

Jennifer: Very well. Very well.

Jennifer: In fact, I was walking out on the street talking to Mia Kirschner yesterday (holds up hand to ear like a cell phone) and telling her about all the cute shops and stuff.

Regis: Here, in Manhattan?

Regis: Oh, good, good.

Kelly: Do ya - do ya have kissing scenes...

Jennifer: Yes.

Kelly: ... and if so, are they uncomfortable?

[Jennifer busts out laughing at Kelly. Kelly laughs hard; the audience laughs.]

Jennifer: We have kissing scenes, and at first it was very... just strange, because it's so different?

Kelly: Right.

Jennifer: Um, it's just softer.

Kelly: Uh-huh.

Jennifer: Uh...

Kelly: (to Regis) See?

Jennifer: But - (laughs)

[The audience laughs. Regis blushes and shrugs.]

Regis: What have I got to do with it?

Jennifer: (laughing) But, at first, when I had my -

Regis: Is it softer, you say?

Kelly: (to Regis) Than kissing a man.

Jennifer: (to Regis) You know what it's like to kiss a woman.

Regis: Really?

[The audience laughs.]

Regis: No, I do, but I - but it is softer from the woman's point of view, to kiss another woman, is that -

Jennifer: It is softer than -

Kelly: Women are - women -

Jennifer: You know. Softer than kissing a man. Well, most women.

Regis: Which do you - well, I know what you prefer.

[The audience laughs.]

Jennifer: Yes.

Regis: You prefer a man!

Jennifer: Yes. Well, I'm married to a man.

Regis: Yeah!

Jennifer: Right.

Regis: (to Kelly) Did you ever kiss a woman, in all your acting days?

Kelly: No!

Regis: "All My Children", you never kissed a woman?

Kelly: No, never, no, I -

Regis: You never kissed Lucci?

[The audience chuckles.]

Kelly: No! I played a - I played a straight character!

[Jennifer chuckles. Regis looks at the floor for a moment, thinking.]

Regis: Did ya have any, uh, lesbians on the "All My" -

Kelly: Sure!

Regis: Was that part of the plot line?

Kelly: Not my plotline, but they have a plotline.

Regis: Oh. I didn't know that. Yeah, that's interesting.

[Jennifer and Kelly laugh at Regis.]

Regis: (to Jennifer) So, what's been the reaction to the show?

Jennifer: It's been incredibly positive.

Regis: Really?

Jennifer: It's been incredibly positive.

Regis: Well, you're back for a new season, I think, right?

Jennifer: Yeah, we got picked up really quickly...

Kelly: It's great, yeah.

Jennifer: ... after two episodes, we got picked up for another season.

Kelly: I have to tell you that all of our writers over at the - "Hope and Faith," it's their favorite show. They love it.

Jennifer: Oh, that's great.

Kelly: It's, like, it's - it's what they live for.

Jennifer: You know, I think that's interesting about the show, is that it's - it's so much about these women's lives and their loves and their ambitions and work, so, in a way, it points out how - the ways in which we're similar are much more numerous than the way we're different...

Jennifer: ... So, if the audience that watches the show is kind of across the board, it's not...

Jennifer: ... you know, just one group of people. I think everybody can relate to it in some way.

Kelly: Uh-huh.

Regis: Let's take a look at a clip right now from "The L Word." Here you are being confronted in group therapy.

Jennifer: Which, she hates group therapy.

Regis: Oh, really?

[Kelly laughs.]

[Scene from 1x08 Listen Up. Bette and Tina are in Dan Foxworthy's office, in group therapy. Yolanda is talking to Bette.]

Yolanda: I'm saying it feels like you're running from something.

Tina: How can you say that when you've only know her, what, two hours -

Bette: Tina, I don't need you to defend me! Okay? (to Yolanda) You know...

[Dan watches the exchange.]

Bette: ... What I wanna know is how do you justify pushing me so hard to come out as a black woman, when all the while, you've let us mistake you for a straight woman?

[The group members raise their brows.]

Yolanda: You thought I was straight?

Bette: (laughing) Well, why wouldn't I? I mean, you're not exactly readable as a lesbian, and you didn't come out and declare yourself. I mean, it wasn't until I read your poem...

[Bette opens her bag and pulls out one of Yolanda's book and holds it up.]

Bette: ... from "Sistah, Stand Up", with an "h", might I add... (opens book) (reading) "On being a black, socialist, feminist lesbian, working to overthrow the white, male, capitalist patriarchy." I noticed "lesbian" comes last.

Yolanda: Oh, but you see, I did not negate it. I did not deny it. I did not leave it out.

Bette: Well, neither do I.

[Scene ends.]

Audience: Ooh.

[The audience applauds and cheers. Jennifer smiles.]

Kelly: Ooh!

Regis: Wow, confrontation! Boy, oh, boy!

Kelly: That's what I'm talkin' about!

[Regis laughs as the audience applause dies down.]

Regis: (to camera) "The L Word" on Sunday nights, 10 PM on Showtime.

[The audience applauds and cheers. Regis takes Jennifer's hand and shakes it.]

Regis: Jennifer, so nice to see you today.

Jennifer: Thank you. It's nice to see you.

[Kelly leans forward and shakes Jennifer's hand.]

Kelly: What a thrill to meet you!

Jennifer: And you also.
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Dom 17 Jul 2011 - 22:08

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 20 Jul 2011 - 16:47

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 27 Jul 2011 - 12:56

enrevista en chino y luego creo que viene una transcripción en inglés de la misma, pero por desgrcia no se puede copiar..

I’m a Runner: Jennifer Beals
http://www.jenniferbeals.cn/2011/07/26/jennifer-beals-im-a-runner-2009-06

Entrevistas y reportajes - Página 25 2w3p1ld
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  Invitado Miér 27 Jul 2011 - 13:36

Pongo la entrevista a la que te refieres Leo.

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  leonora Miér 27 Jul 2011 - 13:39

gracias Shizu I love you I love you , así es mucho mejor smile
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  Invitado Miér 27 Jul 2011 - 13:40

trabajo en equipo compañera!

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  leonora Miér 27 Jul 2011 - 13:41

Shizuma escribió:trabajo en equipo compañera!

el más efectivo ;)
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Lun 1 Ago 2011 - 15:23

videoentrevistas del estreno de The Chicago Code en USA

The Chicago Code cast interviews- Jennifer Beals

interviews Jennifer Beals and cast of The Chicago Code