PlanetaL
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Alexandra Hedison (Dylan)

+17
Cool
Anna
veo_visiones
piyellow
jbeals
ningunoenespecial
yuna2008
Butterflied
masay
gabyco
Janis
kamakaII
miss L
pke
Carulinetaaa
Heya
julia
21 participantes

Página 4 de 9. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Siguiente

Alexandra Hedison  (Dylan) - Página 4 Empty Re: Alexandra Hedison (Dylan)

Mensaje  masay Jue 19 Feb 2009 - 18:10

Un video de Ellen con Alexandra.

una cosa que no entiendo es porque no ha ido ninguna chica de Lword al programa de Ellen.
masay
masay
Entérate, ya soy una usuaria conocida

Cantidad de envíos : 396

Mensaje  masay Jue 19 Feb 2009 - 18:21

(Believe me) I'm not GAY

masay
masay

Mensaje  masay Jue 19 Feb 2009 - 18:23

the l word - fashion show febr 2006

masay
masay

Mensaje  Janis Jue 19 Feb 2009 - 18:36

Muchas gracias por los videos Masay ;)

Lo del programa de Ellen la verdad es que si que es peculiar, pero igual es un problema de cadenas o vete tu a saber.
Lo de que no haya ido Alex por ejemplo lo veo logico porque no debieron de acabar muy bien que digamos... Rolling Eyes
Janis
Janis
Yujuu! me empieza a gustar el foreo

Cantidad de envíos : 120
Personajes favoritos : The filling in the lesbo-sandwich

Mensaje  masay Jue 19 Feb 2009 - 18:37

(Posible spoiler)

Este video que es de un próximo capítulo, esta gracioso.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1304999811/bclid11912164001/bctid12021385001
masay
masay

Mensaje  masay Lun 23 Feb 2009 - 13:36

Articulo sobre Alexandra Hedison (I) de AQUI

(debe ser de 2006)

Alexandra Hedison appeared in the third season of The L Word as Dylan Moreland, a straight young and struggling filmmaker who had an affair with Helena Peabody and broke her heart in the process…and her own.
Hedison hasn’t been in a lot of show business lately. According to her biography on Alexandra Hedison Online Website, she returned to acting “ after five years of devoting her time to the fine arts, photography, and filmmaking … Although she enjoys acting, photography is her biggest passion. Alexandra’s landscape photography has been shown at Rose Gallery in L.A.’s Bergamot Station and her portraits work have been published in Time, USA Today, NY Times, People, and Newsweek.”
Hedison grew up in Hollywood and it’s important to her that people around her would understand her world. In the interview to fanofalex (Alexandra Hedison fan website – November 2005) she explained, “ My parents are in the business. A lot of my friends are in Hollywood, but they aren’t famous. I have friends who are writers, producers, actors and friends who aren’t in the business at all.”
In a recent Art Works Magazine article (2006) that can be also found on Hedison’s official website we read, “Alex grew up in a creative Hollywood household. Her father, David Hedison, was a 1960’s soap opera star with long running parts in Another World and The Young and the Restless, among other roles … Interestingly, her father was a pretty good amateur photographer years ago, but Alex didn’t know it until quite recently when he gave her his old camera. It’s now one of her most prized possessions.”
Hedison herself began photographing about ten years ago and she was “working behind the camera for the last five years as a professional photographer,” as we learn in her latest interview with Laurie Schenden to the Curve magazine (September 2006).
This transition from and actress to a photographer wasn’t easy and Hedison began her new life, so to speak, with a revealing self-photograph. This is how it is described in the Art Works Magazine article.
“She shot into a mirror and produced two photos that she printed on one piece of contact paper. It shows her face and the bottom half of her body. The result is an unsettling self-portrait. A part of her missing, but as disjointed as she may have felt that day, she never really looked back.”
Since that day, Alexandra Hedison finished two series of photographs that she called “Elements” and “(Re)building”, and she also has another photography show in the planning stages.
In a way, both series of photographs represent two different stages in Hedison’s life. As we read in the Art Works Magazine article, “It took four years to finish her ‘Elements’ series and open her first solo show in July of 2004 … It came together at a stable and happy time in Alex’s life. She was in a long-term relationship with comedienne Ellen DeGeneres and basically life was good … ‘Elements’ is a study in natural layers and obstacles. Shot through screens and water, it offers a filtered view of the beauty beyond. Maybe it was foreshadowing. Hedison’s art has always paralleled her life. ‘Elements’ may have been the calm before the storm - because the proverbial shit was about to hit the fan.”
After her break-up with DeGeneres in December 2004, Alexandra Hedison literally threw herself into making the new photograph series, which she called “(Re)building”. As she said in the Art Works Magazine article, “The landscape of construction. I just couldn’t get enough of it. Every Sunday I would go find a construction site. I’d get down deep into the foundations. I could see the roots of the earth and felt like ‘Oh my God I can breathe.’”
In the fanofalex website interview, Hedison also explained the idea behind “(Re)building”. “The whole show is literally about being stripped down to the roots and building yourself from the ground up. The picture with the blue door – it represents a house that was once lavishly done, but then you open it up and all you see is demolition. In the exhibit, you see a lot of construction sites, foundations – the foundation is where the value of your house is.”
From the Art Works Magazine article we also find out the meaning behind some of the titles of the “(Re)building” series photographs. Some of them have names but some she titled with dates, “… not the date she took the photograph, but rather dates that were significant to her. Take February 14th (just a couple months after the break-up) for instance – the image is shot through a forest of rebar. ‘Lines and lines of rebar, all lined up like soldiers and there in the middle of it is this little red ball, this orb – kind of like a heart. In the middle of all that rebar there was life! I thought of it as my own personal ‘Hallmark’ card’.”

window.google_render_ad();
masay
masay

Mensaje  masay Lun 23 Feb 2009 - 13:58

Articulo de Alexandra Hedison (II) de AQUI

This series of photographs was almost Hedison’s personal life-story as if she was rebuilding it emotionally during one of the hardest times of her life. Again, her art was imitating her life and much more. As it so wonderfully expressed in the Art Works Magazine article, “The ‘(Re)building’ photographs … are poignant, often surprisingly beautiful and seem to hit a universal cord … That is the true beauty of Hedison’s photography – intensely personal but big enough to let the viewers interpret for themselves.”
Soon after Hedison was offered a role on The L Word. Hedison mentioned in the interview to fanofalex website that even though it was a hard year for her, filming The L Word “… was the right thing for me to do at the time and I’m glad I did it. But doing the actual [sex] scenes was weird. Here you have Rachel Shelley [Helena] who is straight as can be, playing a lesbian. And then you have me, who looks gay, playing a straight woman.”
Hedison said in the Curve magazine interview, “I wasn’t in great shape emotionally when I started working on that show” and the cast of The L Word was very supportive and inspiring to the actress when she began filming her scenes.
In the Art Works Magazine article Hedison also shared her thoughts on the experience with The L Word, “‘it was good timing for me. They shoot in Vancouver (British Columbia), so I got out of L.A. for a couple of months, AND I got this great, sexy part. I mean I had to take off my clothes … The show was such a positive experience. I just had a great time’.”
Alexandra Hedison mentioned several times that she is more comfortable behind the camera but in addition to appearing in The L Word and some other TV shows, Hedison can be seen again in front of the camera as she hosting a new reality design show Designing Blind (A&E).
As we read about the show in the Curve magazine interview, “viewers will get to see her being herself; funny, a bit goofy, conscientious, inquisitive, stylish and beautiful. ‘It’s about as me as I’ve ever been on camera,’ she [Hedison] says.”
So, is The L Word experience over for Alexandra Hedison? She talked a little about it in the Curve magazine interview. With all her future plans, she is open to return to the show “if she’s asked and her time permits. There were definitely some loose ends between her character, Dylan, and Shelley’s Helena. Hedison notes that since Dylan turned Helena’s life upside down, Helena has been much more likable character. ‘My character sort of redeemed her,’ Hedison says, laughing. ‘My character made her look nice!’”
Hopefully she will be invited back to another season of The L Word and she will have free time to do it. But for now she has other projects in work and her life seems to be pretty good. When the Curve magazine interviewer asked Hedison about her ‘plan for life’, she replied, “Yes! It’s to come up with a really good plan.”

Dice en un punto que no estaba en un buen momento cuando empezó a rodar esta serie pero que el equipo le ayudó mucho. Supongo que habla de que había roto con Ellen hacía poco tiempo. Que era un poco raro que Rachel que es straight hiciera papel de les y ella que sí que lo es hiciera el papel de straight.

Que la intervención de Dylan hizo que Helena cambiara y se 'redimiera' y que apareciera más agradable. nod
masay
masay

Mensaje  masay Lun 23 Feb 2009 - 14:23

En este sitio hay un video de Alexandra donde explica sus fotos, algunas las tomó en Washington, y sobre la exposición en Londres del pasado Octubre.

http://artworksmagazine.com/?p=570
masay
masay

Mensaje  Janis Lun 23 Feb 2009 - 18:35

Gracias por la info Masay, esta muy guay la exposicion que hizo.
Janis
Janis

Cantidad de envíos : 120
Personajes favoritos : The filling in the lesbo-sandwich

Mensaje  masay Mar 24 Feb 2009 - 13:03

he encontrado esta dirección donde hay fotos de Alexandra Hedison y me parece que están muy bien, y no sé si ya está puesta. nod

http://www.hedison.com/
masay
masay

Mensaje  yuna2008 Miér 25 Feb 2009 - 0:27

estan hermosas la fotos gracias
yuna2008
yuna2008
Horror, estoy enganchada al foro!
Horror, estoy enganchada al foro!

Cantidad de envíos : 760
Personajes favoritos : Shane,Alice y Jenny

http://www.twitter.com/abyyuna

Mensaje  masay Jue 26 Feb 2009 - 14:52

HE encontrado esta entrevista a Alexandra Hedison, es de 13-noviembre-2005.

http://www.fanofalex.com/interviews/

Cuenta cosas como cuando salió del armario de las reacciones de su familia.

Alex was gracious enough to grant a phone interview to answer questions from her fans. We spoke about the past year, the L Word and her life. Here is what she said:

FOA: This hasn’t been an easy year for you. How are you doing?
Alex: I’m doing o.k. It’s been very difficult. I don’t believe things happen for a reason but we can choose how we react when things do happen and then make a purpose out of it. So this has given me the opportunity to rediscover myself in certain ways and for that, I’m grateful. Really good things have happened for me. It’s been a hard year. It takes time.

FOA: Are you dating?

Alex: Not really. I’m not ready. I don’t take relationships lightly. I’m very loyal-- even to myself. It takes me a long time to process things. If I were to date someone now, I’d only be partially there. I just can’t.

FOA: Do you get asked out all the time?

Alex: No, I don’t actually.

FOA: Do you have a date for the L Word premiere?

Alex: No, I don’t

FOA: What is your “type”?

Alex: Preferably female. Smart, funny, kind. I’m very picky. Someone who is unique, for sure. [/size]

FOA: Would you ever date a guy?
Alex: I’m unlikely to date a guy. I’m not opposed in theory, but I would be very surprised if I ended up with a guy

FOA: What about butch/femme?
Alex: I don’t believe in that- in those roles. I know some women who on the outside seem masculine identified but really- they’re the biggest girls I know. Also, the toughest women I know are straight. I can’t subscribe to those definitions

FOA: Do you have any other acting gigs on the horizon?
Alex: No, I don’t have any other acting jobs on the horizon. When I was an actress, my life was determined around my working in that capacity. I was auditioning all the time and working on a lot of things that paid well but I didn’t care about. I wasn’t happy and felt to a certain degree that I was wasting my time. My life will never be about that again but that’s not to say that I won’t act again. When it’s the right thing and I’m working with great people, I love it but there are so many other things I want to do as well. The L Word just happened to come around at the right time and I was in a place where I actually wanted to do it. Getting out of LA for 2 months was also very attractive to me at the time.

FOA: Is there one thing that you’d rather being doing out of photography/directing/acting?
Alex: I am a photographer. I’m an artist. I’m interested in directing. My photography is what I am mostly concentrated on now and have been for years.

FOA: Your photography tells a story. What is the (Re)building story?
Alex: The whole show is literally about being stripped down to the roots and building yourself from the ground up. The picture with the blue door- it represents a house that was once lavishly done, but then you open it up and all you see is demolition. In the exhibit, you see a lot of construction sites, foundations- the foundation is where the value of your house is. I spent 6 months out on construction sites taking pictures.

FOA: What about the picture entitled February 14?
Alex: I took that photo on this site that was amazing. Everywhere you looked there was rebar sticking up from the ground. The foundation hadn’t even been poured. In the photo you see the repetition of all of those lines, layer upon layer. But then you see this small red ball floating in the background. In the photo it’s this odd glowing red thing on the side of the frame that your eye, despite all of the steel barriers, gets drawn to. I saw this as the heart of the piece and the date I attached to it as a title felt appropriate

FOA: How can we see your short film?

Alex: I’ll send you a copy!

FOA: How did the L Word thing happen?
Alex: They asked completely out of the blue. Showtime liked my audition. I was on a plane 4 days later to Vancouver

FOA: The scenes from the L Word are apparently very revealing and intimate. What was it like to do those types of scenes?

Alex: It was scary, but ultimately very good. It’s not like anything I’ve ever done before. Or anything I thought I would ever do. If people say “I thought she was really private”- I am. But it was the right thing for me to do at the time and I’m glad I did it. But doing the actual scenes was weird. Here you have Rachel Shelley [Helena] who is straight as can be, playing a lesbian. And then you have me, who looks gay, playing a straight woman. People are going to watch it and say “Yeah, right!!”

FOA: You seem to be a private person and tend to be freaked out by too much attention. Are you prepared for all the attention you might get after the L Word season 3 starts?
Alex: I don’t know how much attention I will get, actually. I’m sure there will be some but I can’t imagine it will be that big a deal. So I guess I’m not prepared. I hope it’s positive, whatever it is.

FOA: Will your parents watch it and how do you feel about that?
Alex: I am terrified of people watching. Not just my friends and family. Everyone. I feel like I need to be sedated for the months of February and March. My friends are already giving me grief about it.

FOA: What is your coming out story? How old were you when you admitted it to yourself and then how about your family?

Alex: I always knew. I came out when I was 18. I’ve only dated women since then. I came home at Thanksgiving break and said “Mom and Dad? I’m gay!” Since then, I’ve always been out. Always. Truly, truly people are as comfortable with you as you are with yourself. It’s hard to talk about pets, work and weather when you want to talk about your girlfriend and what’s really going on in your life.

I don’t know whose parents were raised at a time when the perception of being gay or having a gay kid was a great thing. It was hard trying to redefine those perceptions for myself and then for my family too. It was a challenge.

FOA: What about your sister?

Alex: I’m very close to my sister. I knew I was gay in high school and was privately tortured about it and my sister always knew I had some big secret. When she would try to talk to me about what it was I’d say “I can’t tell you, I can’t tell you.” I was very dramatic about it. She thought I had murdered someone. When I told her, she said pretty disappointedly, “You’re gay? That’s your secret?” She was totally cool about it. Much more so than me. Parents take a longer time. They want you to be happy and that might not be their idea of happiness. Like, when I told my grandma, who I was very close to, that I was gay, she said “Oh honey, it’s a vagabond’s life!” After a while, when she saw that I wasn’t out on the street, holding a stick with a bandana tied to the end of it she was fine. (FOA: laughing) Over time, they’ve become O.K. with it. We are extremely close.

FOA: Does someone that you potentially date have to be a “Hollywood” person?

Alex: No. It doesn’t matter. As long as she could understand my world. I grew up here. My parents are in the business. A lot of my friends are in Hollywood, but they aren’t famous. I have friends who are writers, producers, actors and friends who aren’t in the business at all.

FOA: How would you meet someone?

Alex: I don’t know. I guess through a friend, maybe? I don’t go out to bars looking to meet a girlfriend.

FOA: Who cuts and styles your hair?

Alex: I cut my own hair. Usually with kitchen scissors.

FOA: Shut up.

Alex: No, really! Its just hair! Leisha Hailey cut my hair too a couple of times. A horrible day for me would be sitting in a salon reading People magazine. Its just hair, it’ll grow back. I just don’t care about it that much. If I’m having trouble with the back, I’ll just grab someone to help.

FOA: Someone off the street?

Alex: Like if you were standing there, I’d say “Can you cut this chunk of hair in the back for me?”

FOA: What are your days like?

Alex: It’s a curse and a blessing to be in charge of your own schedule. Sometimes I’m shooting a lot. I love taking pictures of people- publicity, headshots. Like this past week I had the AFI Film Festival, so this past week was all about the festival, screenings, and receptions. I’m doing something for Logo for December- talking about the past year, with funny people like Kate Clinton and Mayor Rus.

FOA: How many pairs of jeans do you have?

Alex: 8?

FOA: What is your favorite brand?

Alex: Levis. Vintage Levis.

FOA: Do you have any other things, like shoes, that you like?

Alex: Yes, I like shoes, but it’s a waste of time for me to buy anything nice. I was just thinking I need to take all my nice clothes out of the closet and give them away. I don’t even own a dress. I don’t own a skirt. I don’t own a nice suit. I never have the occasion to dress up. I wear jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers every day. When you see me out dressed nice, its something borrowed- something I just threw together kind of desperately at the last minute.

FOA: What is your favorite Starbucks drink?

Alex: Double cappuccino, short cup with half foam and half milk.

FOA: What is your favorite genre of movie?

Alex: Independent. I was home last night, and the Titanic was playing on TV. I watched it for the first time. I never see big movies like that. I really prefer to see things that make me think and feel in a more complex way. Netflix- that’s my serious relationship right now.

FOA: What is in your CD player in your car right now?

Alex: Keane, I am listening to that obsessively. Turin Brakes.

FOA: Are you frequently followed by paparazzi or can you still move around relatively anonymously?

Alex: I am completely anonymous. I am not a celebrity like that. It’s O.K. to be recognized for something. But I have no interest in having my every move watched.

FOA: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Alex: When someone is inauthentic. Be who you are- whatever you are.

FOA: Do you lurk around the message board?

Alex: Sometimes. Not as much as I used to. At first, it was great. Everyone deserves to have a website when they are going through a break up. It was nice to read some of the things people said. I’m not a big internet person. I have email, but I don’t surf the net. I’m so busy but I do drop in now and then! I’m always curious about the sightings.

FOA: Last time I checked there were people from the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, Turkey, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Denmark and Mexico checking out fanofalex website. What do you think about that?

Alex: It’s great! But I don’t take it personally. People don’t know that much about me, because I’m not putting that much out there. So, when you identify with someone you don’t know, it’s more about yourself, something in yourself that you are identifying. That being said, it’s really nice to feel supported and to know that there are people out there who are rooting for you and who admire you for whatever reason. So hi and thank you to the people out there who have been so supportive!

FOA: When will we be seeing you “out” again?

Alex: I’ll be at a Power-Up event at the end of the month to present an award to Ilene Chaiken. Then I’ll be on Logo in December.

FOA: Thank you, Alex.

masay
masay

Mensaje  masay Mar 3 Mar 2009 - 17:02

He encontrado este video de Dylan, no sé si está puesto.

Alexandra Hedison _______ (HOT) aLexxxx ..

Lei en alguna entrevista de Alexandra Hedison que le preguntaban qué le parecían las escenas hot con Helena y ella contestaba que las había visto y que a veces se escondía detrás de un cojín porque le daba corte.
masay
masay

Mensaje  masay Sáb 7 Mar 2009 - 9:32

A ver si puedo traducirla. nod

Última edición por masay el Sáb 7 Mar 2009 - 21:17, editado 1 vez
masay
masay

Alexandra Hedison  (Dylan) - Página 4 Empty Muchas gracias Masay

Mensaje  ningunoenespecial Sáb 7 Mar 2009 - 10:06

Te lo agradecería eternamente, lo mio no es el ingles

ningunoenespecial
Cuídame que soy novata
Cuídame que soy novata

Cantidad de envíos : 6

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 4 de 9. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Siguiente