PlanetaL
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1)

+7
LLuna
itagomz
maryjoe
leonora
Anna
julia
Heya
11 participantes

Página 32 de 35. Precedente  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Siguiente

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 Empty Re: "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1)

Mensaje  leonora Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 21:37

"The Chicago Code" FOX TV Series Fans
Brittany Frederick:
"Hey guys, I'm getting ready to publish my first "save The Chicago Code" fans blog for Starpulse Monday morning. I'm looking for stories of what individual fans have done and/or quotes they want to put out there. If you have something that you're comfortable with me using in print, comment here or email me at bfrederick AT starpulse DOT com. The article goes up Monday at 11 AM PST!"
leonora
leonora
Trátame bien, soy una forera muy activa

Cantidad de envíos : 608
Personajes favoritos : Bette

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 Empty Re: "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1)

Mensaje  leonora Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 23:52

nuevas esperanzas, tal vez, si la audiencia es granda en el Reino Unido e Italia, donde la serie está recién estrenada, tal vez exista la posibilidad de una segunda temporada

From Twitter - Shawn Ryan tweet-answer
"Maybe. How were ratings in UK and Italy? RT @RJ409 if the overseas ratings for #TheChicagoCode are awesome, new possibility of season 2?"
Lorna Cooper tweet-answer
"RT @ShawnRyanTV: How were ratings in UK | #TheChicagoCode premiered to 321,000 on Sky1. Probably would've been higher if show wasn't axed"
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Sáb 14 Mayo 2011 - 0:01

audiencia durante el estreno de Chicago Code en UK (Sky 1 HD) 321,000
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Dom 15 Mayo 2011 - 14:06

primeros artículos sobre CHICAGO CODE y JB desde UK - apuntan un buen nivel de audiencia

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-interviews/2011/05/15/flashdance-star-jennifer-beals-on-her-gritty-new-role-as-a-chief-of-police-86908-23132378/

Flashdance star Jennifer Beals on her gritty new role as a chief of police

May 15 2011 Jenny Eden, Sunday Mail

WHEN most Hollywood actors go for a ride along with the police they are lucky to see more action than a speeding ticket.

Tucked away in the back of a control car they get a safe, sanitised view of the world their shows are set in.

Not Jennifer Beals.

She got a waiver to sign, a stab-proof vest and a lesson on how to collect bullet casings at the scene of a gang shooting. But then her new series, The Chicago Code, is set in one of America's most violent cities and in a world Jennifer is all too familiar with. It's not just a location for her new TV series - growing up, it's also the place she called home.

The 47-year-old actress said: "It was not the first time that I've seen bullet holes in cars. It's not the first time that I've seen shell casings, and it's frankly not the first time I've seen anybody shot. It's not so shocking. I grew up on the south side of Chicago."

Her brush with brutal reality researching The Chicago Code came when the homicide cops she was shadowing were first at the scene of the shooting - finding the victim bleeding out on the street.

She said: "What was shocking was that there was a group gathered around this man who were all very upset that he had been shot and it was really clear that there were people there who knew who had shot him and that it was a gang-related incident, but that nobody would come forward with any information. To see six-year-old children playing in the street at 2am a block away from drug dealers - that's also shocking.

"I was able to see how the police department set up a crime scene, being able to follow the trail of blood to figure out where he would've been shot, where the shooter would have been and looking for the evidence of shell casings, which I helped the detectives find."

It wasn't her only encounter with life on the streets when another call-out left them trying to help a mentally ill woman who was running amok.

She said: "She kept taking her shirt off and refusing to put it back on. She clearly had not been taking her meds, and she thought I was Obama's sister and that I should somehow save her."

Despite what she saw at first-hand Jennifer was thrilled to find a role in a gritty TV series that could take her back home with her family - her Canadian businessman husband Ken Dixon and five-year-old daughter Ella. She plays Superintendent Teresa Colvin, the city's first-ever female police chief.

The show also stars Australian actor Jason Clarke and veteran Delroy Lindo and, unusually for US TV, it was really filmed in the city where it was set, using some of the toughest areas as locations.

That's no real surprise given The Chicago Code's creator, Shawn Ryan, was also the man behind brutally realistic, award-winning cop show The Shield. It was never going to sugar-coat the city but her walk on the wild side hasn't diminished her love of it and she says she could easily call it home again.

She said: "I feel such a great love for Chicago. I am protective of it, the city is so beautiful and the people are so great. My mum is still there and my friends. I told my manager that it was one of two cities I could imagine spending long periods of time with my family."

Jennifer was drawn away from her home town when she landed the lead role in classic 1980s movie, Flashdance. She had been studying at Yale when the chance to play Alex Owens - a welder by day and exotic dancer by night came up.

Before then she had played one minor movie role and suddenly found herself a major star with one of the biggest-grossing films of the year and an Oscar-winning soundtrack. But rather than capitalise on the hit film, she turned down roles in order to stay at university, where she majored in American literature.

Her next big career move came when she played Ivy League-educated lesbian Bette Porter in The L Word for six seasons. Her work on the series saw her nominated for a number of awards, including gay and lesbian groups.

She has joked that the show turned her into an honorary lesbian because of the impact it had on the gay community but she admits at the time she had no idea how significant the lesbian drama would be, or that it would take up five years of her life.

She said: "I am proud to have been a part of the show. I have had so many fans come up to me who were really deeply appreciative of the show and what it had meant for them and their own sense of identity and their own sense of inclusion in our society and in our culture.

"We made a whole community visible. It is not often you get to make that kind of impact. It's affected me personally because I've come in contact with women who have the bravery to be out in the world with their sexuality. I didn't pay attention to gay issues before the show but now I take them more personally."

She is hoping her role as Teresa Colvin could also make an impact on women. She has studied Hillary Clinton, who sat with US President Barack Obama watching the live feed of Osama Bin Laden being shot, to see how strong, powerful women handle themselves but she admits she doesn't envy Hillary her job.

She joked: "I would last about a week then I would lose my mind."

Jennifer, whose credits also include playing Tim Roth's wife in another Sky1 hit show, Lie To Me, and starring in post-apocalyptic movie The Book of Eli opposite Denzel Washington, credits her own upbringing with helping her slip so effortlessly into playing strong women. Her father died when she was nine and she was brought up by her mum.

She said: "I just assumed that I should have the same rights and access to things like baseball bats and field time. Maybe it was the amount of time my mum spent reading Greek myths to me, the whole literature about the goddess somehow permeated and there's an element of power there."

And just to make sure she didn't fall short for The Chicago Code, she not only practiced at the gun range but also took boxing lessons to make sure she was in great shape and ready to slug it out with the boys.

She laughed: "I took up boxing because it is such a masculine thing to do, to want to punch people - I've never wanted to be hit in the head. But it is very hard and I completely gave it up when the show was done."

The Chicago Code is on Sky1 on Thursday at 9pm.

Luck of the draw

Jennifer got her big break in top, hit 80s movie Flashdance, where she played a welder by day and exotic dancer by as night. She also starred Bette Porter in The L Word for five years.
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Lun 16 Mayo 2011 - 20:02

una explicación que no dice nada realmente..

http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/breaking-news-fox-talks-about-canceling-human-target-lie-to-me-the-chicago-code-and-others/
Breaking News: Fox talks about canceling HUMAN TARGET, LIE TO ME, THE CHICAGO CODE and others

It’s a tough TV business, and every year fan favorite shows get the boot in favor of new shows that sometimes don’t live up to the potential of the departing series.

This year, Fox canceled many fan favorites including the three season LIE TO ME, the two season HUMAN TARGET and THE CHICAGO CODE and the comedies TRAFFIC LIGHT and BREAKING IN.

While speaking to the press today about their Fall 2011 and Mid-season 2012 schedules, Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly spoke about major casualties this year at the network and why they had to make these hard decisions.

“I think we were pretty candid that a couple of the shows we had to let go was because we didn’t have shelf space and they probably would have made the cut at other networks,” says Reilly. “We could have been more conservative this year, but we wanted to take our core strength now and seed in new shows for the next chapter. We gave those shows a shot and now its time to try some new ones.”

In terms of how they determined the new bumper crop of shows, Fox Entertainment Chairman Peter Rice admits that Fox is quite different from their competitors.

“We have very vibrant franchises and a vast diversity of shows from reality, animation, comedy and drama so we’re very selective what we bring on,” says Rice. “We have a very strong schedule for next year even though we’re sad to see these other shows leaving.”
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Lun 16 Mayo 2011 - 20:27

crónica de los esfueroz de los fans para intentar salvar a Chicago Code de la cancelación e instrucciones de cómo mostrar el apoyo

http://www.starpulse.com/news/Brittany_Frederick/2011/05/16/saving_the_chicago_code_the_fans_stor
Brittany Frederick
Saving 'The Chicago Code' - The Fans' Story
May 16th, 2011 11:10am

FOX's The Chicago Code is an outstanding series. What's equally worth talking about are similarly great efforts of its fans to save it. It's my pleasure to bring you my insider's blog as the fans fight to bring The Chicago Code back.

The Chicago Code

Day 0

Late Tuesday, May 10, 2011, word leaked that The Chicago Code would be no more. FOX's decision to axe the drama came as a surprise; its ratings had gone up 7% just the night before, and with no shortage of critical praise, it had been considered the strongest of the network's "bubble" shows. Surprise quickly turned to anger for the show's devoted fan base, who had been supporting the series all season long and swung into another gear to protest the cancellation.

Day 1

By Wednesday morning, Ashli Garza had launched a Facebook page to Bring The Chicago Code Back https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-The-Chicago-Code-Back/144366698969024 , and it had become the hub for a rapidly forming fan effort. The page had over 1,000 likes in the first 24 hours and that number is growing.

Fans dug up contact information for FOX President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly http://www.examiner.com/the-chicago-code-in-national/how-to-help-save-the-chicago-code , the man who had broken the news to series creator Shawn Ryan, and immediately began to call, email and write on behalf of their series. This was no small effort: as one fan noted on Facebook, when he called Reilly's office, the exec's assistant told him she'd been fielding a lot of calls like his that day...

I had the unfortunate task of posting the news on the show's fansite, ChicagoCodeFan.com http://chicagocodefan.com/ , and even I got plenty of comments from upset fans. I didn't have time to answer them all, however, because I was one of those people contacting Reilly's office, and busy giving my best eulogy for both Chicago Code and my other favorite series, Human Target http://www.starpulse.com/news/Brittany_Frederick/2011/05/11/dearly_departed_eulogizing_the_chicago . That commentary now has over a hundred "likes" on Facebook and double digits in comments.

Writing that piece was when I knew this was going to be something different. I've loved and lost quite a few shows over the decades I've been watching TV (RIP, Sports Night, K-Ville, Traveler, Keen Eddie...), and every time I've certainly wished it wasn't so. Many a cancelled show has had a fan outcry over it. Yet this is a different show, and these are different fans. The Chicago Code was more than a TV show for many of us; it was not just entertainment but something that affected us, or represented our city, or made us think. As a result, the show's fans are some of the most dedicated I've ever seen.

That was when I knew I had to start keeping a blog. Win or lose, I knew this was a story that needed to be told.

Day 2

Good news and bad news on Thursday. Word broke that Matt Lauria http://www.starpulse.com/news/Brittany_Frederick/2011/05/13/the_chicago_codes_matt_lauria_moves_to , who so well portrayed Caleb Evers on Chicago Code, had booked a guest role on USA's Burn Notice that might become a recurring part.

This was obviously good for Matt, and as such it was hard not to be excited, especially since he was moving to another great series. At the same time, many fans wondered if this meant he would be unavailable to return to playing Caleb should The Chicago Code make a comeback.

The honest answer is it's too soon to tell.

Meanwhile, an online petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-chicago-strong-save-the-chicago-code/ to save the show continued to circulate across Facebook and Twitter, and amass over a thousand signatures in its first 48 hours. And still another plot was brewing: in the vein of many fan drives past, what to send to FOX along with our letters...? Stay tuned.

Day 3

A shout-out to Cathy and her fellow fans of TNT's also axed, also resurrected cop show Southland: upon hearing of our similar plight, they were willing to step up and help me with getting the word out to save Chicago Code. Having the support of fans who have already run a successful campaign was a huge, huge blessing.

This prompted a discussion amongst the fans: would another network take our show? Should we be writing to other channels than just FOX? The agreement was that we certainly should, but perhaps best to wait until we knew which networks had any interest, rather than expending too much effort writing to every single one out there. Knowing that Shawn Ryan was exploring that same possibility himself, we agreed to sit back and wait, hoping to find a network that would listen to him - and to us.

Day 4

Discovered tonight that Todd Williams, who plays Isaac Joiner, tweeted me to thank me for the support. That made my day.

Day 5

This is the first day I've had to sit back and look at all the website comments, tweets and emails I've gotten from Chicago Code fans over the past week. The outpouring of love for the show has been overwhelming. I'm blessed in that the fans recognize how much I love the show as well - they've asked me to be a major part of this effort, which I'm all too proud to participate in. For my part, I am as big a fan of the show as anyone, and if I can use my platform in the media to help it survive, I want to. The show and everyone involved in it have earned that.

The last week has certainly been an interesting experience for me, from an emotional standpoint. It's one thing to be a journalist and just report the facts of a show's cancellation. It's another for it to be a show I deeply love personally and that I know is comprised of wonderful people. And it's surreal to be running the fansite, posting promos and news, knowing it might be some of the last we ever see.

Cancellations always are horrible in my job, but they happen, and most of the time I accept them. I know that this is a business. I know that in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world. As dearly as I loved Human Target, I saw the writing on the wall a few months ago and I've had time to make peace with it coming to an end. But when it comes to The Chicago Code, things are different.

I have a unique, painful, interesting feeling inside of me: that I am not okay with this, and I am not letting this show - not just this show, but these experiences, opportunities, these people I've met and have yet to meet - go down without a fight. I said that about Human Target last year, and I'm saying it about The Chicago Code this year. It might all mean nothing, but I can't in good conscience walk away without knowing I did everything I could.

I'm not alone in that, either. I want to share with you some of the things that have been sent to me so far from other fans:

"As a Chicagoan, it is exciting to see a show evolve around all the places I've been and things I've seen. Code and its storyline fit perfectly in Chicago, and create a character of the city itself," said Justin Schroeder, who launched the Save The Chicago Code Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=217127558315330 . "The franchise and its fans deserve to see what another season will bring."

His sentiments are echoed by another Chicago resident, Emily Runyan. "It's interesting, thought provoking, well done and necessary TV. I hate to see TV shows that mean something being pulled off the air."

I can't think of a better quote, though, than to borrow from a letter written by Sierra Campbell: "It's a shameful reality when such great, and practically unknown actors (with the exception of Jennifer [Beals]) may never get the chance to act in these roles again."

As proud as I am of this show, which quickly became one of my favorite series ever to see air, I'm just as proud of the fans. They're not just raging against the cancellation of an hour's worth of entertainment. They're motivated by and fighting for so much more than that: what that hour of time has brought into their lives. As a writer, that impact is more priceless to me than any award or ratings numbers would ever be.

How can you get involved?

If you're a Chicago Code fan looking to join the fight, I have exactly the tools to get you started. I've written a guide on how you can help save The Chicago Code http://www.examiner.com/the-chicago-code-in-national/how-to-help-save-the-chicago-code . It tells you everything you should do, and how you can do it, to keep this great show on the air. You can also visit ChicagoCodeFan.com http://chicagocodefan.com/ .

Most importantly, you can keep watching the show live Monday nights at 9 PM ET/PT on FOX. Prove to the network that last week's ratings jump wasn't a fluke and show them that they made the wrong decision. If the numbers stay solid, that gives us more of a fighting chance.

Stay tuned for my next insider's blog as we continue to fight for The Chicago Code.

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Mar 17 Mayo 2011 - 11:30

Según un twitt de Miki Turner, la fotógrafa amiga da Laurel (no será que estarán siguiendo febrilmente la serie meparto ), corre el rumor de que Chicago Code podría acabar en la televisión por cable (probablemente se refiera a continuar la siguiente temporada)...

From Twitter
mikiturner tweet
"rumor has it that chicago code and the event might end up on cable"
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Mar 17 Mayo 2011 - 11:36

promo del capítulo final

review del capítulo final
http://digitalairwaves.net/2011/05/16/the-chicago-code-1-12-greylord-gambat-review/
The Chicago Code 1.12 “Greylord & Gambat” Review
Posted by Brittany on May 16, 2011 in The Chicago Code

The cruel fate of The Chicago Code hasn’t dampened my goodwill towards it. Possibly because this show was written and wrapped months ago, there’s no sign of giving up or backing down.

I’ve mentioned previously how much I appreciate that this show hits the ground running, and it does: after giving us a quick, efficient catch-up on the events of last week‘s episode, we find out that Teresa’s star witness has gone missing just before he’s scheduled to testify, and Gibbons is now aware of the existence of a mole, though he doesn’t know that it’s Liam, who’s being blatantly hit on by Killian’s daughter (Shannon Lucio), whom we met the week before that. All of this happens in the first ten minutes. I’m impressed by how Virgil Williams throws all that very important information at us in such a short time, but keeps it from sounding like a “previously on” and from getting muddled. That’s talent.

The hour’s a battle between the police and the Irish mob to see who can find the missing witness first, which puts Jarek and Liam in direct opposition. Jarek is his usual tenacious self; I love that he does attention-grabbing things because that’s the right play, not because the writers are trying to make him cool, which is an easy trap many TV cops have fallen into. Pardon my language, but Jarek is a badass because he’s not trying to be a badass, nor is he written that way. He’s just good police. Having Gibbons show up at his desk in the middle of the night: yowza. Especially when Gibbons offers him the identity of his brother’s killer. Yet Jarek’s resolve never wavers. That’s why I’ve come to embrace him as a hero.

It’s Liam that has the more compelling arc, though; we know he’s got emotional scars from the arson he set, and now he’s asked to commit outright murder. Unwilling to cross that last line, he stabs his cohort instead, and knowing his time is running out, makes one last play to deliver the fatal blow to the bad guys. It’s tragic but perfectly in character that doing so gets him shot; we’ve seen ever since the arson episode that he was willing to put himself in harm’s way for justice, and that belief finally caught up to him. There’s almost a sense of beauty in it, because we know he wouldn’t be bothered by how it all turned out.

Even among the supporting characters, there are refreshing touches of depth. Lieutenant Kelly, who’s Teresa’s chief of staff but in Gibbons’ pocket, initially resists the alderman’s idea of outing an undercover cop to the Irish mob. He might be on the wrong side of the fight but he’s still a cop. He caves when Gibbons threatens his family, but it’s nice to see he’s not a one-dimensional corrupt cop. We also finally see some merit come out of Gibbons’ relationship with his assistant; up until now I’d thought it was just a throwaway subplot, but I should have known better. There’s no such thing with The Chicago Code.

Each episode of this show reveals to me something I appreciate that goes beyond its content – something that’s technically superior. This week, we were treated to how nothing in its world is black and white…but neither is it that muddled, unsatisfying mess that many shows think passes for grey. It’s not what we think is ambiguous; it really is ambiguous. I suppose the best way that I can describe it is that The Chicago Code is remarkably human. That’s a rarity I haven’t seen in a television series in a long time, and it’s a shame that it looks like I won’t see it again.

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Jue 19 Mayo 2011 - 15:08

From Twitter
Shawn Ryan tweet-answer
"Don't want to give false hope, but we're trying our best. RT @juz44: any chance #Chicago Code gets picked up by another net, ala Southland?"
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 20 Mayo 2011 - 0:38

THE CHICAGO CODE - Preview del último cap. 23 de mayo (no era la fecha de cumpleaños de Laurel scratch)

si tenían pensado ponerle un novio tan viejo a Teresa... no me sorprende que no les quieran conceder la segunda temporada meparto

THE CHICAGO CODE - Insiders Take: Sneak Peek from MON 5/23
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 20 Mayo 2011 - 12:10

artículo sobre el esfuerzo de los fans para salvar Chicago Code

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110519/GPG0505/110519100/Die-hard-Chicago-Code-fans-vent-Facebook-try-keep-canceled-show-alive
Die-hard 'Chicago Code' fans vent on Facebook, try to keep canceled show alive

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 Bilde?Site=U0&Date=20110519&Category=GPG0505&ArtNo=110519100&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0

Última edición por leonora el Vie 20 Mayo 2011 - 13:20, editado 1 vez
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  LLuna Vie 20 Mayo 2011 - 13:01

THE CHICAGO CODE - Preview del último cap. 23 de mayo (no era la fecha de cumpleaños de Laurel scratch)

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 930214 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 930214 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 930214 Sí , es el cumple de mi " estimada " Laurel "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 785842 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 785842 no podía ser otra cosa que Géminis "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 75227
LLuna
LLuna
Yujuu! me empieza a gustar el foreo
Yujuu! me empieza a gustar el foreo

Cantidad de envíos : 125
Personajes favoritos : TINA

Mensaje  leonora Vie 20 Mayo 2011 - 13:21

[quote="LLuna"]
leonora escribió:THE CHICAGO CODE - Preview del último cap. 23 de mayo (no era la fecha de cumpleaños de Laurel scratch)

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 930214 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 930214 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 930214 Sí , es el cumple de mi " estimada " Laurel "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 785842 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 785842 no podía ser otra cosa que Géminis "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 75227

El 23 es también el cumple de Mónica Naranjo fiesta2
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 20 Mayo 2011 - 13:23

sobre el último episodio

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/reviews/168099-the-chicago-code-112-greylord-a-gambat
THE CHICAGO CODE 1.12 'Greylord & Gambat'
Teresa and Jarek launch a grand jury inquiry against Alderman Gibbons as Liam blows his cover in the field.
By Blair Marnell
May 19th, 2011

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 The%20Chicago%20Code%20112

Episode Title: "Greylord & Gambat"
Writer: Virgil Williams
Director: Paris Barclay

Previously on "The Chicago Code":

Chicago PD Superintendent Teresa Colvin (Jennifer Beals) made it her mission to clean up Chicago's infamously dirty politics and take down Alderman Ronin Gibbons (Delroy Lindo). She received an early setback when Gibbons revealed that her first chief of staff tried to sell her out. But when Gibbons handpicked her new chief of staff, Lt. Kelly, Teresa was able to keep him out of the loop on the Gibbons investigation. At the same time, Detective Jarek Wysocki (Jason Clarke) and Detective Caleb Evans (Matt Lauria) investigated other criminal activity and tried to tie it back to Gibbons.

The most promising leads came from Liam Hennessey (Billy Lush), an undercover cop in the Irish mob who had gained favor with Gibbons. Liam had also witnessed his boss, Hugh Killian (Patrick St. Esprit) murder a man in front of him. With Liam's help, the police arrested a city trash truck driver named Ronnie Underwood, who was trafficking in drugs for Killian. Despite offers from Teresa and Jarek to come in, Liam insisted upon staying within the mob even as his associates began to get suspicious about his true motivations.

Story:

This is the day that Teresa Colvin has been waiting for. In front of a secretly convened grand jury, Teresa lays out the case against Gibbons and tells them about the garbage truck full of drugs driven by Ronnie Underwood for Killian, with the knowledge and cooperation of Gibbons. But Teresa overlooked one important thing: Ronnie himself, who has apparently skipped town because she didn't leave a police guard on him. She orders Jarek and Caleb to track him down. But in order to buy more time with the grand jury, Teresa admits that she has an undercover cop in the Irish mob who witnessed Killian killing a man.

Jarek and Caleb gather a small group of trusted officers to fan out and find Ronnie. Across town, Gibbons is admiring the posters for his upcoming campaign for mayor when his aide lets him know that Teresa has launched a grand jury investigation against him. Elsewhere, Elizabeth Killian asks Liam to go on a date with her. He refuses, citing Killian's objections to mixing his daughter up with the mob. However, she reveals that she's already involved with the mob as her father's accountant. When she answers Liam's phone, she finds her father on the line ordering Liam to report to him.

At the truck depot, Ronnie's brother tells Jarek that Ronnie was soliciting advice on whether he should testify or run. He also lets him know that he has a girlfriend named Penny who works at a local massage parlor. In his office, Gibbons angrily demands to know why Lt. Kelly didn't know about Teresa's plans for him. He also threatens Kelly and his family if he doesn't discover who the undercover cop in the Irish mob is. At the same time, Killian orders Mikey and Liam to locate Ronnie and Penny; which they do fairly quickly. But when Mikey makes moves to kill them both, Liam is forced to fatally stab him.

When other mob enforcers show up at Ronnie's door, Liam is able to preserve his cover momentarily and get rid of them. Unfortunately, Kelly came through for Gibbons and Liam is revealed to be Officer Chris Collier to both Gibbons and Killian. On the phone, Jarek pleads with Liam to come in, but Liam insists upon making one last play for evidence. He approaches Elizabeth and claims that Killian sent him personally because the cops are after him. As Elizabeth takes Liam to her real ledger for safekeeping, Teresa has Killian arrested and tries to get him to break.

A phone call to Elizabeth reveals that Liam is really a cop. He tries to talk her down, but she shoots him. He shoots her in return shortly before other members of the Irish mob show up and proceed to beat him mercilessly. Tracking Elizabeth's phone, Jarek and Caleb arrive and narrowly save Liam. But on the way to the hospital, Liam loses consciousness after giving Jarek Elizabeth's ledger... that implicates Gibbons directly. In the ensuing chaos, Gibbons is missing. However, Jarek finds Gibbons waiting for him at an unexpected location: his own desk in the police precinct.

The cornered Alderman wants the grand jury investigation to go away. And in return, he offers Jarek "justice" for his brother, who was murdered while on an undercover assignment years ago. Jarek barely contains his anger as he orders Gibbons to leave. But as he goes, Gibbons promises to "be in touch."

Breakdown:

If you're a fan of television, there's always going to be a show that you love that gets canceled prematurely. It's inevitable. Either through low ratings or network mismanagement, some series just don't take off. This calender year in particular was hard for me, because I already lost "Terriers," "Stargate Universe" and "Lights Out." If "The Chicago Code" could have been saved, it would have made my spring.

Because this show is everything I want from a cop drama. It has sharp writing, great characters, compelling stories... "The Chicago Code" really has it all.

But there is one bit of good news. We're going to get an ending for this series. This week's episode and next week's finale are actually going to wrap up the Alderman Gibbons storyline that's been percolating since episode one.

"Greylord & Gambat" kicked things off with a beautifully intense hour of television. It wasn't quite perfect, but it was pretty close. I do have to point out how stupid it was for Teresa and Jarek to leave Ronnie unattended and without a police escort ahead of the grand jury. Their rationale was that Killian would know Ronnie was testifying if they assigned a protective detail to him. But Killian already knew the cops had grabbed Ronnie when his truck never showed up!

It felt like this was a cheap way to manufacture some drama as the grand jury got started. Aside from that, the plot held together really well.

Billy Lush's storyline as Liam could have been a modern day "Wiseguy" just by itself. And it would have been cool to see his relationships with Mikey, Elizabeth and even Killian himself go deeper. This week's episode kind of put Liam and Elizabeth's relationship in fast forward, but I love that it ended with them both shooting each other. If she had sided with Liam over her father, it wouldn't have worked. Mikey's death was also a little rushed after seeing him with Liam so many times. However, it still made for a great moment when Liam finally betrayed him.

Delroy Lindo was also at the top of his game as we saw Gibbons descend into desperation for the first time. He's been such a cool, calculating villain for so many episodes that it was unexpected to see him so clearly rattled by the turn of events. I'd say that Teresa outsmarted him, but the major conflict came back to her again when she revealed Liam's role in the grand jury. Do cops really expose the existence of their undercover officers in the field while they can still be discovered?

After last week's episode focused on his family life (and lack there of), Jarek took a backseat for most of the hour. But Jason Clarke made the most of his confrontation with Gibbons, which may actually be the first time they've been in open conflict since the beginning of the series. For a final card to play against Jarek, bringing up his dead brother was a brilliant move by the Alderman. On this show, there's really only one person that's already been seen who could have killed Jarek's brother (and the preview for next week's episode is pretty blatant about it as well).

Regardless, the undercurrent of anger and menace from both Jarek and Gibbons was fantastic. A hero is usually only as good as his villain, but both of these characters are a cut above almost any others on TV. I'm fully invested in this show and I want to see how it all plays out. I suspect that Gibbons is going to go down, but not without a fight. And Jarek and Teresa are both probably going to pay a price for their victory.

Are there any other guesses about how this is going to play out? Feel free to weigh in below!

Crave Online Rating: 9 out of 10.
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Dom 22 Mayo 2011 - 1:56

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 2hnt9ow
"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 32 2cr0tnc
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 32 de 35. Precedente  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Siguiente