PlanetaL
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1)

+7
LLuna
itagomz
maryjoe
leonora
Anna
julia
Heya
11 participantes

Página 31 de 35. Precedente  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Siguiente

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 Empty Re: "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1)

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 13:59

Shocked Shocked FOX está cancelando The Chicago Code para la segunda temporada Shocked Shocked

scratch será una decisión definitiva ... o podrán encontrar otro canal que no sea FOX para seguir..scratch

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/
May 10 2011 1
When Fox attacks: Network cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,'
moreby James Hibberd
Categories: Television, TV Biz

UPDATED: Fox is brutally clear-cutting under-performing shows from its lineup, cancelling three four five series tonight in order to make room for new shows next fall: Human Target was shot down for a third season, Christian Slater is now 0 for 3 as a TV series lead because Breaking In was dumped, The Chicago Code and Lie to Me were just taken out and Traffic Light was switched off. The moves represent an aggressive stance by Fox, which is declining to sink any further investment in modestly performing titles and opting to gamble on fresh shows instead.

Human Target was finally axed after undergoing a trip back to the drawing board. Though the show was considerably revamped for this season, the actioner struggled to gain ground in the ratings. Target averaged 7.6 million viewers and a 2.2 rating in adults 18-49 this season, including DVR use, but was down from its first season average of 2.9. Lie to Me is also gone — it averaged exactly the same as Target, and dropped the same amount from last season.

Fox also pink-slipped Breaking In, the freshman comedy about a security team that starred Slater. The show averaged a healthy 2.9 in the ratings due to a strong premiere, but more recent episodes fell off considerably despite following American Idol.

Fellow post-Idol freshman straggler Traffic Light is also gone.

And bummer for Jennifer Beals: Her freshman cop drama The Chicago Code was also cancelled.

Creator Shawn Ryan retweeted the news and wrote: “Dammit.”

The cancellations come on the heels of Fox giving a series orders to Bones spin-off The Finder and to J.J. Abrams’ new prison mystery drama Alcatraz. The network also picked up two new comedies starring Zooey Deschanel and Jaime Pressly.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/fox-cancels-the-chicago-code

Exclusive: FOX cancels 'The Chicago Code'
By Alan Sepinwall - Shawn Ryan-produced cop drama one of several FOX series to get the axe Tuesday night
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:00 PM

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 Chicago-code-review_article_story_main

It's been a very busy night for FOX, which, according to various published reports, has already ordered several new shows for its fall schedule, including the JJ Abrams-produced "Alcatraz," the "Bones" spin-off "The Finder" and the Zooey Deschanel sitcom "The New Girl," while also deciding that "Human Target" and "Breaking In" won't be back on next year's schedule. Given all the action, and given that "The Chicago Code" was on the renewal bubble right along with "Human Target" and several other series, I thought I'd check in with that show's creator, Shawn Ryan, to see what he was hearing.

Ryan told me he had just heard from FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly, who told him the show was also canceled. (As in it won't be on next year's schedule; the final episodes will air.)

The ratings for "Chicago Code" had never been especially strong, and with so many high-profile pilots in development, on top of pre-existing commitments for next fall for "Terra Nova" and "The X Factor," there wasn't going to be a lot of real estate on next year's schedule. At best, one of "Human Target," "Chicago Code" and "Lie to Me" were going to get picked up. Now, at least 2 out of those 3 have been removed from the equation.

I wrote in my review of last night's episode that the show had a lot of good raw material that it didn't quite know what to do with yet, but that I was hopeful Ryan - who already had FX's "Terriers" canceled out from under him this season - and company would figure out how to make it work by the time a second season started. Instead, no second season, and the show will likely end as a big ball of unrealized potential.

'''''''''''''''''''''''
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/fox-cancels-human-target/

3RD UPDATE: Fox Cancels Comedies 'Breaking In' & 'Traffic Light' And Dramas 'Lie To Me', 'Human Target' & 'Chicago Code'
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday May 10, 2011 @ 7:26pm

UPDATED: Fringe got lucky to score an early renewal because no other bubble show got a reprieve at Fox. The network tonight axed all others: the Tim Roth-starring procedural Lie To Me, sophomore drama Human Target and freshmen The Chicago Code, Traffic Light and Breaking In. That is in contrast with last May, when it renewed all three of its bubble dramas, Lie To Me, Human Target and Fringe. While Human Target and Lie To Me had been long shots after soft second- and third-season runs and Chicago Code and Traffic Light's fate had been sealed for a while, especially with Chicago Code creator Shawn Ryan moving from 20th TV to Sony, the yanking of Breaking In was very surprising as the comedy launched strong behind American Idol, posting Fox's highest ratings for live-action comedy series in three years. It has since slipped but was considered a solid contender for renewal as it had shown promise and had done much better than two other freshman live-action Fox comedies, Traffic Light and Running Wilde. Breaking In beat the odds once, when Fox passed on the pilot last season, before getting resurrected with a midseason order. But its luck ran out. And so the Christian Slater curse continues ...

Última edición por leonora el Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 19:55, editado 3 veces
leonora
leonora
Trátame bien, soy una forera muy activa

Cantidad de envíos : 608
Personajes favoritos : Bette

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 Empty Re: "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1)

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 14:11

Shawn Ryan tweet-answer

"We will try, but that's a long shot. RT @sarahdesca: not a chance to bring it to another network?"

"Don't know how you arranged cancellation, but that was mean! RT @jeffeastin Chicago Code is damn fine piece of television. I will miss it."

"Thanks. We had a blast making it. It will live on digitally. RT @NatalieAbrams Sorry about Chicago Code. I was really enjoying it."

"Fox suits loved the show, but have a business to run. RT @mohalen: it is a good show, the fox suits just don't see it"
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  LLuna Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 15:52

Vaya Rolling Eyes ... no será el momento de aliarse para hacer la peli "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 785842 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 785842 ...
LLuna
LLuna
Yujuu! me empieza a gustar el foreo

Cantidad de envíos : 125
Personajes favoritos : TINA

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 16:23

LLuna escribió: Vaya Rolling Eyes ... no será el momento de aliarse para hacer la peli "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 785842 "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 785842 ...

si resulta definitivo e irrevocable lo de la cancelación JB desdeluego tendrá un rato libre ya que creo que todos estaban casi seguros de que estarían ocupados con la segunda temporada y no han pensado en asegurarse otros compromisos a corto plazo ...

en cambio esta cancelación, podría ser otro signo del destino para darle el tiempo libre (ya que LH ya se encargó por su cuenta de tomarse un año sabático) meparto fíjate en la coincidencia de las dos útlimas causas en la que se han involucrado JB y LH , JB promocionando la llegada de Dalai Lama (de Tibet), y LH haciendo donaciones para la preservanción de Katmandú (también asociado a Tibet)... no será la manera del destino de decirles "Es hora de Tibette"! meparto meparto

IChaiken que espabile, si no quiere hacer una película L Word que haga al menos una Tibette superlol
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  LLuna Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 17:52

Ya sabes leo que soy una fiel devota de tus "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 629265 que te llevan a unas conclusiones "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 274471 muy

originales y sin tener base científica "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 672522 yo las doy por exactas "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 930214 ...

Como no podía ser menos esta vez "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 785842 lo de Tibette te lo compro , pero ya "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 75227 ... pero esta vez

que la Chaiken se pasee por los distintos fan fic que así aprenderá a crear diálogos y situaciones

con sentido para nuestra parejita favorita "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 86415
LLuna
LLuna

Cantidad de envíos : 125
Personajes favoritos : TINA

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 18:14

LLuna escribió:
... pero esta vez que la Chaiken se pasee por los distintos fan fic que así aprenderá a crear diálogos y situaciones con sentido para nuestra parejita favorita "The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 86415

y menos drama y algo más de humor e ingenio...... .... tienes mucha razón, que entre las escritoras de fanfic hay bastantes que podrían darle lecciones a ICh y que aprenda que NO HAY QUE HACER SUFRIR AL PÚBLICO, tanto dramatismo sin casi nada de compensación no es una buena fórmula..... pensando
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 18:18

y meintras están canceldo la segunda temporada, The Chicago Code sigue estando por estrenar en el resto del mundo, así que sigue la promoción para el resto de los países, en este caso para el Reino Unido

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tubetalk/a318884/qa-jennifer-beals-talks-the-chicago-code.html
Q&A: Jennifer Beals talks 'The Chicago Code'
Wednesday, May 11 2011, 15:46 BST
By Alex Fletcher, TV Editor

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 Showbiz_jennifer_beals

Shawn Ryan (Lie To Me, The Shield) cop series The Chicago Code finally lands down in the UK this week. Starring Jennifer Beals as the Windy City's first-ever female superintendent Teresa Colvin and Jason Clarke as detective Jarek Wysocki, the show focuses on their battle with police corruption inside and outside the force. Former Flashdance star Beals spoke to journalists earlier this year about what they can expect from the programme.

What is it about this show that makes it different from other cop shows?
"It's true in America and I'm sure it's the same in the UK that people get a sense that something is really wrong in government and our culture and that there's a corruption in not only politics, but spirit as well. People are so quick to be violent with each other. I think people would like to find a solution to make things better and I think we all inside of us have this desire to reform, but we don't know how to change things. And here you have a cop show that is not just about the action on the street. It certainly has that element and there is that cop drama stuff on the street, but there is also a female superintendent who is not only taking on corruption on the street, but in the halls of power and her own department. You are able to watch as this person is trying to make things right at great cost to herself. We all know there is corruption in politics and that there's corruption in any police force and there's also personal corruption and private corruption. That is sometimes illustrated in relationships with people. There are lots of different levels and you can enjoy the show on lots of different levels."

So it's not just a cop action series?
"No, the relationships are really important. To work in the police department, regardless of your position, it's very difficult. To be working on the street or homicide, it's very difficult. I can't stress enough the kinds of things you will see day-in-day-out and how difficult that is for the soul. To witness then on top of everything the corruption in City Hall that contributes to the suffering of your fellow officers and the people of the city, it is incredibly wearing. You have to ask yourself, why does someone stay in a job? What's going on personally that keeps them there? The show addresses those questions. The show doesn't portray every police offer as a soldier who is so tough that they can see shootings all day and they're impervious to it. There is a personal toll, which the show examines."

You spent some time with the police as part of your research. Was that an experience that shocked you?
"The first ride-along was shocking. But then you spend some time playing the part, you spend more time getting information and it's not so shocking. I grew up on the South side of Chicago. It was not the first time that I'd seen bullet holes in cars. It was not the first time I'd seen shell casings and frankly it was not the first time I'd seen anyone get shot. What was shocking really was that there was a group gathered around this man before he was taken away in the ambulance, and it was really clear that people there knew who shot him and that it was gang-related... but nobody would come forward. That was shocking. Seeing kids rope-jumping in the street at 2am, streets away from drug dealers, that's shocking. The gap in the circle is education. Primarily in my mind for the young women, because it's the young women who are raising the kids and that's where the circle perpetuates itself."

In what ways did this role test you?
"I was testing my own strength in having to suppress what is stereotypically more feminine or female values, like nurturing and inclusion. I think early on in her leadership, as much as she'd like to be inclusive and share information, she doesn't because it would be perceived as weak and perhaps put her in a position of weakness. That is not the nature of the system that she is now a part of. That was trying at times. To maintain a balance between masculine values and feminine values. That was really trying sometimes."

Did you talk to any high-powered women before playing the role?
"I did talk to other women. Obviously it's very interesting to be a woman in charge of a department or several bureaus, who are primarily men. To even ascend to the position where she can even be nominated for that job is impressive. I really believe that she was the token candidate and then they thought she would be a puppet. So they are surprised when she's not a puppet. Having said that, her ascension comes through expertise. She's been in lots of different departments in the Chicago police, she started out as an officer, a beat cop, she's done tactical, homicide, she knows a lot, which is a feasible idea. So she does have a great deal of respect from her fellow officers. But you would be naive to think that to be able to ascend to that sort of level wouldn't be without cost. She's got to be a bit of a bad-ass. I think it's also cost her a personal life. Everything is about this job."

Did you have any reservations about the show or the role?
"If I didn't feel up for the challenges of the role, I certainly wouldn't have taken it because I wouldn't want to disappoint myself or anybody else. I knew that I had a great writing time and I knew that we would have a lot of help in preparing for the role. When we started shooting, sometimes I was at a loss on what to do, because comprehending the role was pretty extraordinary. So much that the superintendent does and to be the first female superintendent... it's a lot to take on. There were so many things that I had questions about that nobody could answer for me, because there has never been a female superintendent in Chicago. So with Teresa I was making things up as I go along and I was trying to find my way. And, oh gosh, no reservations about the show. No reservations at all. Shawn is a great writer and a great leader."

The show is obviously being compared to The Shield. Do you mind that?
"For me, I really separate myself from the advertising department apart from doing interviews. However, if they want to promote it as that it is fine. As long as people tune in and watch the stories, it doesn't bother me at all. I think there was a thing about The L Word being compared to Sex and the City as well, 'Same sex, different city', or something like that. That was fine too."

The Chicago Code starts on Thursday, May 12 at 9pm on Sky1.

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 19:48

reacciones críticas por la cancelación

http://www.starpulse.com/news/Brittany_Frederick/2011/05/11/dearly_departed_eulogizing_the_chicago
Dearly Departed: Eulogizing 'The Chicago Code' & 'Human Target'
FOX, I'm not talking to you anymore. Not after you cancelled my two favorite series, The Chicago Code and Human Target.

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 19:53

más twitts de Shawn Ryan:

"FWIW, Deadline.com article is innacurate. Insisted my Sony deal allow me to continue running #ChicagoCode if series continued."

"Also, Fox asked us to pitch 2nd Season ideas this past week, which we did.Cancellation has not been written in stone for weeks. Just wrong."
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Miér 11 Mayo 2011 - 22:24

25 millones de dolares es la cantidad de beneficios financieros que generó el piloto y los 12 capítulos de The Chicago Code para la ciudad de Chicago

http://www.wbez.org/story/chicago-code-canceled-city-loses-25-million-86390#

Chicago Code' is canceled; city loses 25 million
by Kate Dries May. 11, 2011

FOX cancelled The Chicago Code, a police drama set and filmed locally, Wednesday night.

Rich Moskal, director of the Chicago Film Office, reported that the pilot and first 12 episodes of Chicago Code gave 25 million to the city. “Losing that is disappointing,” Moskal said. “What’s tremendous about television series like Chicago Code is how consistently they’re contributing to the local economy.” He spoke of the benefits of a television show over a movie – a television show buys goods and services for an extended period of time – but said that the local acting community was probably the most visible beneficiary of the Code’s presence, calling the new roles being created every episode a tremendous opportunity for actors.

Chicago Code is not the only show being filmed in Chicago right now, and "we're in a fortunate position of not having all our eggs in one basket," Moskal said. He pointed to the new Starz show Boss starring Kelsey Gramer as a fictional Chicago mayor, which began filming a few weeks ago, as well as the highly touted Playboy from NBC. Moskal thought signs were good for Playboy's future, given its “cool factor” (the show has piggybacked off the current popularity of Mad Men by looking at the lives of Playboy bunnies in the 1960s).

Moskal also mentioned Powers, a pilot about detectives who deal with superhero homocides, based off the comic of the same name. Powers is attached to FX, and is set to start filming in July.

On Wednesday, Governor Pat Quinn met with Kelsey Grammer and the producers of Boss to celebrate the opening of a new film and television studio at Cinespace Chicago Film Studios. The state is investing $5 million into the project, which will become the largest facility of its kind outside of Hollywood, with space for three to six productions at a time. It's estimated to create thousands of new jobs.

In 2010, the Illinois Film Office (IFO) reported $161 million in spending, and more than 8,000 job hires.

The Chicago Code was critically well-received, and starred Jennifer Beals as the police departments first female superintendent. It paid homage to Chicago's corrupt political history with several character arches, including one that featured Delroy Lindo as a corrupt alderman.

Responding to the news of cancellation last night, creator Shawn Ryan, a native of Rockford, IL, tweeted that The Chicago Code will be finishing out its season, with the final two episodes airing in the next two weeks. "Fox suits loved the show, but have a business to run," he tweeted.[
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Jue 12 Mayo 2011 - 13:30

Jennifer Beals todavía no ha podido ser contactada para comentar, pero hay algunos artículos interesantes escritos en torno a la cancelación y también una entrevista interesante con Shawn Ryan.
Todos comentan que fue un buen show, un beneficio importante para la ciudad de Chicago, que la crtítica ha sido siempre muy positiva, pero que por desgracia a pesar de tener una media de 6 millones de espectadores, no lograba llegar al público más joven (por ser un show más o menos serio). Shawn Ryan dice que está buscando alternativas con otros canales, pero que sería muy difícil conseguirlo

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-live-0512-chicago-code-cancel-20110511,0,2230473.column?page=1
New TV pilots could plug void left by 'Code' cancelation
May 11, 2011
By Nina Metz and Steve Johnson
Tribune reporters

On the bright side, Chicagoans will no longer have to get worked up about non-existent street locations, Jason Clarke's accent or the "Irish mob."

On the dark side, the news that Fox won't renew "The Chicago Code," the Shawn Ryan-helmed police drama set and shot here, means a whole lot of potential Chicago film industry paychecks won't be cut later this year.

It's a loss, officials said, but it's not as if the city will be bereft of TV work, as might have been the case if a cancellation like this one had come five years ago. They painted a rosy picture of filming in the area and of "Code's" impact during its brief time here.

"We're very disappointed," said Betsy Steinberg, managing director of the Illinois Film Office, "but there are lot of very positive take-aways. When Shawn Ryan decides to set a show in your town, that's a big deal. The upside is that the show was super-high-profile because he is so revered in the TV industry."

Ryan, the writer/producer from Rockford who gained prominence and Emmy Awards while creating and running "The Shield," spilled the beans to HitFix.com late Tuesday: "Code," which had long been considered to be "on the bubble" for renewal, would not be picked up for next season.

Although mostly well-liked by critics, it never found a large audience or even a growing one as it ran for 11 episodes this year. The final two are slated to run in the regular timeslot the next two Mondays, Ryan tweeted, saying viewers should find a "satisfying" story resolution.

Monday's episode drew 5.7 million viewers and 4 percent of the adults age 18-49 who were watching TV. That's down from the 7.4 million and 6 percent who saw the second episode in February, although in general more people watch TV in February than in May.

Ryan did not immediately respond to an interview request, but his most direct comment on Twitter (where his avatar is Illinois in outline, the word "Rockford" beneath it) he acknowledged ratings just weren't there.

"It is a good show, the fox suits just don't see it," someone wrote. "Fox suits loved the show," Ryan responded, "but have a business to run."

Later he found time for some gallows humor as his show found itself among Twitter's most popular topics of the moment: "Hey! #ChicagoCode is trending! Oh, wait ..."

And this: "Only good news about #TheChicagoCode cancellation: Now I have time to guest star on the Season Finale of The Office with everyone else."

Jennifer Beals, who plays a new female police superintendent trying to bring down Delroy Lindo's corrupt alderman, had rented a home back in her hometown of Chicago during the TV season, staying well beyond the end of filming late last year.

She could not be reached Wednesday but said in a March interview that she would likely move on if the show was not renewed.

"No sadness … just gratitude," tweeted Matt Lauria, who played a young cop under the wing of Clarke's hard-boiled, Polish-American veteran detective.

The show drew some criticism locally for its insistence that the "Irish mob" was Chicago's crime problem, and for what some thought were flaws in the Chicago accent of Clarke, a native of Australia.

But in filming conducted from August through December, "Code" also presented one of the most complete looks at the city of any entertainment shot here, visiting not just Loop "L" platforms and the lakefront but working-class neighborhoods, abandoned lots and back alleys. And it strived to give the series, and the city, an epic, cinematic look.

The Illinois Film Office estimates that "The Chicago Code" spent about $25 million locally and created 400 jobs. Chicago Film Office Director Rich Moskal said each episode cost roughly $2 million to produce.

But because another series is currently in town shooting, the hole left by the cancellation of the Fox series won't be quite so gaping. Moskal said he believes "Boss," the new Starz series starring Kelsey Grammer as a fictional Chicago mayor, spends about $2 million per episode, as well.

"Boss," tentatively set to air in October, is shooting fewer episodes — eight, compared with "The Chicago Codes'" 13 this season (and what could have been 20-plus for next season) — but the economic impact will be substantial nonetheless.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-05-11/the-chicago-codes-cancellation-shawn-ryan-speaks-out/#
Shawn Ryan: "I Don't Want to Be a Dinosaur"
by Maria Elena Fernandez

Ryan got bad news from Fox Tuesday about his critically acclaimed cop show. He talks to Maria Elena Fernandez about the tabloidization of the TV business.

As the broadcast networks decide on their new schedules, some people get good news, and some get bad news. Shawn Ryan, one of Hollywood's most respected TV writers and producers, was getting ready for dinner Tuesday night when Fox President of Entertainment Kevin Reilly called him. His freshman drama, The Chicago Code, was being canceled, just six months after FX put an end to his other series, Terriers. Ryan, who took the news like a trooper, is already looking to a future that might possibly merge his gritty, realistic sensibility with gossip magazine fodder.

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 Img-hp-main---chicago-code-cancelled_193921422703

It's such a shame. The Chicago Code was a good show.

I thought we had a good run and I'm really proud of the last two episodes that are still to air. It's a very tough time in the TV biz right now. And the days of just worrying about the quality of the show and being able to be super patient and giving it a couple of years to grow... those days are gone. All you can do is try your best and make the shows as good as you can. And you're just at the mercy of the viewing public.

How have you been spending the day today?

I found out around dinner time last night that the show had been canceled so I had enough time to send emails out to the actors, and the writers, and the crew so that they heard it from me first. So I didn't have a lot of time to call everyone. So I've been spending a lot of time today just trying to call everyone and thank them for their work and everything.

How exactly did you hear?

I got a call directly from [Fox President of Entertainment]] Kevin Reilly. He's a class act and I appreciated hearing directly from him and hearing some of his reasoning. He and I go way back and have a lot of respect for each other. That was a class act on his part to call me directly.

We had just turned in a document last week that talked about what we imagined happening on Season 2. And we had turned it in earlier that day. So I thought Kevin was calling to talk about that document and I was ready to go into sales mode. Instead, he quickly and with a very clean cut, delivered the bad news.

Did he even read that document?

He actually liked it quite a bit.

What was his reasoning for the cancellation then?

It was about burrowing really deep into the numbers. There was a concern about the age of the viewers of this show. It's very difficult to make a show skew younger. If they were to grow the show, they would have to grow it younger. It is what it is.

It's interesting. It's given me a lot to think about going forward. It's such a tabloid age that we live in. And there seems to be this psychic connection between some of the more successful shows and the tabloid nature of them. You know, the way that Dancing With the Stars, and Jersey Shore and even Glee to a certain extent. The shows almost serve to sell magazines and the magazines almost serve to advertise the shows, if that makes sense. And The Chicago Code wasn't that kind of show. It wasn't a tabloid-friendly kind of show. We took the subject matter seriously and we presented it the best way we could. But people have a lot of options and it just didn't break through.

Were you surprised with the decision?

I was clinging to that hope as well. I had given ourselves a 40 percent chance of being picked up in my own mind. So I can't say that I was shocked but I was holding on to some significant hope that we would get the benefit of the doubt. But we didn't.

Is there any chance you might resurrect it elsewhere?

I was talking to some of the 20th people today and there are conversations happening today to see if there's a possibility. Those moves are always difficult. So I wouldn't say it's likely but I'm sure we'll investigate all possibilities.

What's next for you? Do you even know?

I do have one more thing in the Fox family, which is a pilot for FX that one of my Chicago Code writers, Davey Holmes, is writing. That's being developed under my deal and we'll probably turn in a script to FX within the next month and see where that goes.

And then I start a new deal with Sony on June 1 that will allow me to develop in the cable and network arenas. And if we can't find a savior for Chicago Code, this will be the first extended period of time I've had in a long time without a show either in production or prep, so I'll use that time to re-charge myself artistically and try to come up with some new ideas.

You talked about how the business is changing. It's hard to even picture, considering the kinds of shows that you've done, but do you envision getting yourself to a creative place where you can do a show that US Weekly is going to care about?

(Laughs) I don't know. You can't achieve much success chasing what you think works in a crass manner. I still will approach these things from what is the story I'd love to tell and what's the story I'd love to work seven years on? Having said that, I do want to open my mind. I think there is a change going on in the TV landscape right now—not necessarily all for the best. But it is going on and I don't want to be a dinosaur that's stuck in his ways and can't evolve with the industry. So I'll spend a lot of time looking around at what is working and the things that didn't work and opening my mind to see what comes out of it.

Considering what's happened, you don't sound like you've got your head in the sand.

This is just my Midwestern upbringing. I try not to get too big-headed when things are going well and I try not to get too depressed when things aren't going well. I've come to accept that I can only control the things I can control. In the case of both Terriers and The Chicago Code, I am very proud creatively of both those shows and the fact that we didn't get enough audience to get a second season for either, is very disappointing. But I tend to feel worse for the actors and the crews on those two shows who did great work because I know I'm going to get a lot of other opportunities to work on other things. So I feel more compassion for them than I feel sorry for myself.

To have had the critical and commercial success that I did with The Shield, I always knew in the back of my head, going forward, that not every experience was going to be like that. I always knew there would be big disappointments along the way. So I've prepped myself for years for the idea that I'm not necessarily the golden child where everything I touch turns to magic. So a night like last night, I can approach it logically and understand that as disappointing as that it is, it presents an opportunity to do new things. And even if we came back, we would have immediately been in the bubble and in the same position. So I tell myself, this is an opportunity to do something bigger and better.

You know. I shared a building a couple of years ago with Chris Lloyd and Steve Levitan and I remember talking to them when Back to You was canceled by Fox. And they took that opportunity to re-group and they came up with Modern Family, which is a huge success on every level. So I'll try to use them as an inspiration of how they rebounded back from a disappointing cancellation to create something that was really relevant and successful. And we'll see if we can do something like that.

There are two episodes left of The Chicago Code. Are fans going to be frustrated when it's over, or will there some kind of closure?

I don't want to give away too much but I don't think people will be frustrated. We wanted to have an ending of sorts. We were prepared, certainly, for the story to continue to Season 2. But I think fans of the show will like these two episodes quite a bit.

Última edición por leonora el Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 22:05, editado 1 vez
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 0:40

"The Chicago code" (TV serie 2011 -temporada 1) - Página 31 226916_210380988996034_160974057270061_675902_956587_n
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 0:42

los fans de la serie ya están organizando peticiones para que Fox reconsidere la canselación

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-chicago-strong-save-the-chicago-code/

http://www.change.org/petitions/bring-back-chicago-code#signatures

http://intelligentle.tumblr.com/post/5411972976/save-the-chicago-code

y otras cosas con el mismo fin..

"Allegedly FOX is considering un-cancelling Breaking In. Now if we could get them to do the same for #TheChicagoCode."

"Bring The Chicago Code Back
Hi fans, we are all here to help save our show. I have contact info for FOX where I encourage you to write (polite) letters to Kevin Reilly who is FOX's president. Tell him why you love the show and why it should return.

Mr. Kevin Reilly
Fox Broadcasting Co.
10201 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035

Please send as many as you can. We really want a season 2!"

"here is Mr. Kevin Reilly's phone number again. 310 369 1000 . tell the receptionist you'd like to be transferred to Reilly's voice mail and leave a POLITE message for him about the show. This has helped with other shows in the past. Why not now? *hugs* Ashli"

"Bring The Chicago Code Back
Good morning, fans!! Look what I found! If we keep calling, emailing and sending letters to Kevin Reilly for now, we can prove that The Chicago Code has big enough fan base to get renewed by Netflix! I will get the info for Netflix to all of you tonight but keep contacting FOX. ♥ ~Ashli~

http://gigaom.com/video/netflix-saving-cancelled-shows "

Última edición por leonora el Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 12:05, editado 2 veces
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 11:59

más artículos descontentos por la cancelación

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/article_f1c9d920-7ccd-11e0-bada-001a4bcf6878.html
Couldn't chat? Here's the transcript
'''''''''''''''''''''''
leonora
leonora

Mensaje  leonora Vie 13 Mayo 2011 - 13:04

leonora
leonora

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 31 de 35. Precedente  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Siguiente