PlanetaL
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times

+3
Janis
miss L
masay
7 participantes

Página 3 de 4. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4  Siguiente

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 Empty Re: Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times

Mensaje  Invitado Miér 22 Abr 2009 - 16:01

CHICAS LA MIRA COMO LA MIRE, ESTA RADIANTE, SERAN MIS OJOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, QUE SUERTE POR LA GENTE QUE PUDO ESTAR AHI.... SI YO PUDIERA. OJALA. JAJAJJAAJAJ

MUAK

YELLOW

Invitado
Invitado

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 Empty Re: Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times

Mensaje  kamakaII Miér 22 Abr 2009 - 20:13

Una crónica bastante completa:

OUR JB LOOK REAL AWESOME IN BLACK.

HERE THE INTERVIEW OF JB AND IC AT THE TIMES TALK

Time With Jennifer, Ilene, and Kim!

After waiting nearly four hours, we were finally seated; and my seat, along with two friends I met, Sue and Evelyn, were up close and personal. Actually, no matter where anyone sat, everybody had a good seat. I even met some Tibetters from Tibette.com.

Finally, Carol Olson, from the NYTimes, entered, and introduced the event of the night, and the guests. Then, Jennifer, Ilene, and Kim Severson (moderator) entered stage right. The first thirty minutes of questions was general knowledge, stuff we already know, so I'm only highlighting my favorite parts of the event:

Pilot:
Kim to Ilene: "How did The L Word come about?"
Ilene: "Well, I'd pitched it to Showtime a year before but because it was a show about lesbians, they didn't want to do it. But then after the success of Queer As Folk, and shows like Will & Grace, I finally got the greenlight to do it. But I always knew it would be picked up".
Kim to Ilene: "What made you say Jennifer Beals is right for the part of Bette?"
Ilene: "Well, this show certainly wasn't going to have any big stars, but I got in touch with Jennifer and asked her would she audition for the part of Bette?"
Kim to Jennifer: "What were you doing at the time you got the call?"
Jennifer: "I was working on a movie at the time. And I was also offered another part, to play a prostitute. So, I'm offered the part of a prostitute and the part of a lesbian, and I said to myself, hmm, do I want to play a prostitute or a lesbian? And I decided, I want to play a lesbian!"
The crowd roars and claps at that answer!

Season finale:
Kim to Ilene: "What the hell was up with the season finale?"
Ilene: (laughs)
Jennifer:"I was unhappy with how the season ended. I wish you weren't so dark sometimes. I'm more Disney, and I was dismayed because I wanted more of a celebration of friendship.
Kim to Jennifer: "Do you watch yourself on television?"
Jennifer: "Oh, no! I don't really watch much television. I don't have time. You know what I like to do? Go in the editing room and watch the editor and the director's experience".
Ilene: "Jennifer doesn't like to watch herself. Then, I've worked with actresses who loves to watch themselves on tv, but for the most part, they like to watch each other's work".
Jennifer: "Yeah, I'll hurry past my stuff, but I enjoy watching the other girl's work; their storylines".

Since Kim is a food writer, there were lots of jokes about Humice.

Interrogation Tapes:
Kim: "What were the tapes about; were they webisodes?"
Ilene: "It was a way to continue the story; the stuff we couldn't fit into the seasons, for whatever reason. And that hopefully, there will be a movie. Don't you guys want a movie?"
Audience: Claps and roars!

Wardrobe:
Kim: "Some of the outfits you guys wore on the show were amazing!"
Jennifer: Yeah, our customer, Cynthia, was amazing, she knew just how to dress everbody!"
Kim: Did you get to keep any of the stuff when the show ended?
Jennifer: "I'd go into wardrobe and rub all over the shoes! But at the end of every season, we were allowed to, at basement bargin prices, take some things home. But we'd hide stuff from each other. I miss my cufflinks".
Ilene: "I'd go in there and say, hmm, these shoes look like they could fit Tina".

Special Projects:
Kim to Ilene: Are you working on anything new?
Ilene and Jennifer: "We're working on something but can't say what. And we're hoping it gets the green light in the not too distant future".
Jennifer: "I want to publish a book of my photographs and give the money to charity. So if anybody knows a publisher, get in contact with me"

Guest stars:
Kim: "You've had so many stars on your show. How did you manage to get all of them?"
Ilene: "Well, I would hear through other people that someone wants to be on the show. Like Marlee, she's always all over the place, so she would come back to me and say, "I ran into so and so, and she said she wants to be on the show". Or, I'd get a call from an agent, or Showtime would call and say, guess who wants to be on the show? And that's mostly how it happens".
Kim to Jennifer: "Alan Cummings was on the show too. Didn't you work with him before or are you guys friends?"
Jennifer: "I've worked with him before but yes, we are good friends. His character, Billy, was so mean to me in season three, and I'm like, "I'm f**king Bette Porter, baby, you're not supposed to be mean to me!" Almost to herself; "Don't you love me?" It was so cute too see Jennifer do that!

Fave Jennifer Moments:
Jennifer told the story of a woman who was murdered on the trail, where she runs in Vancouver, and how she (Jennifer) served as an enthusiastic helper to another female runner by helping the woman make signs and banners at Kinkos, for new trails to run on; she called it, "taking the park back".
Jennifer was really close to tears at this point-and during another time too-but she held back. In fact, she said to one of the Tibetters, who she seems too know quite well, " I told Svetlana that I wasn't going to cry". And at that, she smiled!
Jennifer: "It made me so angry that the other women were made to feel powerless, as though they now had to run in groups of ten or could no longer wear shorts when they ran. I understand what it means, and I wasn't trying to show any disrespect to the murder victim's family, but when I ranted, the woman I was helping said, "you can't say that" And that made me even angrier".
Running in the woods allows Jennifer to feel free and she's really passionate about it, so at this point, just to show that she does have Bette rants and carries Bette around with her, she turned to the moderator and asked, ''can we swear in here?" and with Kim's blessing, Jennifer showed us how she went on a f**king Bette rant. And as soon as she started with the F word, the crowd went crazy, so I couldn't really hear what she was saying, all I heard was the F bomb! It was priceless!

Jennifer: "In Lie To Me, there's a scene where I'm wearing only a skirt and bra, and when I walked across the floor, the cameraman panned the camera up my body (she gestured with her hands), then later apologized for it, and I was like, please, I was on The L Word, you can pan all you want!" To audience:"I'm much more comfortable with those kinds of scenes since working on The L Word". The audience roared at that!
After an hour of Timestalk, it was time for the Q&A portion of the event:

Fan Q&A
Fan: Jennifer, you inspire me so much, and now I run triathlons, and I swore to my husband and five year old son, that when I cross the finish line, this is going to be my last one, but as soon as I crossed it, I said to myself, I have to beat my time. I also ran the New York City Marathon"
Jennifer: "I want to run the New York City Marathon and compete in the Ironman, but I have to sit down and talk to my family about it because it takes up alot of time".
Fan: "Why was Bette upset that Tina never asked her to carry their second child?"
Ilene: "It showed that Bette was more rounded at the end and more accommodating. She didn't think Bette was perfect but that she had grown to value family more at the end and that she no longer had the tunnel vision that put her career above everything else."
Quite a few fans stood up, but they had comments more than questions. And most of them were how Tina and Bette inspired them to come out, here in NYC, Indianapolis, and other places; they didn't just inspire "that young girl in the rural midwest."

My favorite fan question:
Fan: Did you see Laurel's speech on the Glaad awards?
Jennifer: No, I didn't see it. What happened?
Fan: Laurel said "how progressive television is becoming when you can win an award for sitting on a woman's face!"

Jennifer laughed; she really enjoyed that! Everybody did.

A few more comments were made, then it was time to go. So, Jennifer, Ilene, and Kim said "goodnight' and exited the same way they came in. Stage right.

Jennifer Beals:
At times it was hard too hear all of what Jennifer was saying because she's so soft-spoken, and the audience would still be clapping or laughing at something she previously said, so I'm sure there are some things I've missed, but those are my fave key moments. And OMFG, she is f**king stunning in real life; unbelievably beautiful! She was wearing a black velor pantsuit and casual black boots. It was wonderful to spend an hour and a half drinking in Jennifer's beauty, hearing her speak, laugh, and watch her enjoy herself; She really is a down to earth and laid back person; but she's definitely no Bette!

Ilene Chaiken:
Of course, Ilene did most of the talking, but she is very well-spoken. And she looked very nice; She wore stretch pants and a white blouse with huge cuffs, and some banging black wedged boots. She's really short too!

Kim Severson:
Kim is a food writer for the NYTimes, a author, and a Pulitzer prize winner. And, she is a hell of a moderator, very funny and entertaining. And when the fans would get a little long-winded with the comments or asking the questions, she'd steer them right back on the path.

So there you have it, friends and readers. It was an eventful and memorable evening. Without taking any notes, I posted everything to the best of my recollection, and its not verbatim. The questions are a little out of order, but the format is pretty close. However, you may want to check the other sites to see what I missed. It was fun!
kamakaII
kamakaII
Yujuu! me empieza a gustar el foreo

Cantidad de envíos : 219

Mensaje  kamakaII Miér 22 Abr 2009 - 20:19

Un par de links para descargar 35 minutos de la charla gracias a Bubblymoo en tibette.

En un rato colgarán el video en mejor calidad pero os dejo los links x si hay alguna impaciente

1. http://www.sendspace.com/file/263dn2 ---- 200MB
2. http://www.sendspace.com/file/s4asoz ---- 80 MB
kamakaII
kamakaII

Mensaje  kamakaII Miér 22 Abr 2009 - 20:30

Y otra más (parecida a la anterior pero hay cosas q no puntualizaba la primera)

Hi. The Times Talk was great, but too short. There were no cards distributed before hand for questions as I thought. The last 30 minutes was for Q and A and they set up 2 microphones on either side of the auditorium which were mobbed right away. So I had no opportunity to ask any questions.

I see some pictures have been posted, so you see JB was dressed from head to toe in black. She seemed shy of course upon first entering the room. At first they played a retrospective clip to warm up the audience. The moderator's first question was "so season six, Ilene, what the hell?" And everybody laughed including Ilene and JB. So I didn't really see the evening as Ilene bashing; it was just a taking off point. The moderator is a NYT food critic and I assume the only reason she was chosen was b/c she's a gay woman. She kept talking about how hummus was big on Sunday (L Word) nights at her house and at lesbian pot-luck dinners and Ilene and Jennifer looked confused. Later, she misspoke and said lesbians eat each other (I think she meant eat their own) which got a big laugh and then JB said something about that having to do with all the hummus talk. It was a funny moment but didn't really further the discussion along.

So the first part was things we all know; how the L Word was pitched; when it got picked up. JB said the same day she met Ilene at a hotel to discuss TLW she had been meeting in another room at the same hotel where she was discussing a series where she'd be playing a prostitute. After meeting Ilene she felt she was smart and was onto something and then when she met Rose Troche it really sealed the deal. Rose was so enthusiastic and intelligent. Getting Laurel on board was as we know - filming their interactions and realizing they had a chemistry between them. JB at some point here talking about the chemistry said, "can you believe people actually thought we were lovers?" She was really so innocent and naive the way she said that, it was refreshing; in other words she's not caught up in all the Tibette hoopla and things that are written about their characters and is really well grounded in reality. Later on someone asked her if she ever reads the blogs and she said she once did and read some comments about her short hair and that she looked like a soccer mom so she stopped. But she said while training for her triathalon she did read the comments on OC and got alot of inspiration from them.

Other highlights:
-JB and Ilene are collaborating on something, but it's too soon to talk about
-JB hasn't found a publisher for her photo book; may have to publish it online
-Ilene is sad there aren't more gay/lesbian shows on air, but it may have to
do w/economic times and that alot of the powers that be in Hollywood are
hunkered down at the moment
-JB would like to run the NYC marathon one day and also a half iron
man, but has to juggle family life and a busy schedule
-JB said she's more vocal and confident now after being on TLW for so many
years b/c it was such a collaborative environment.
-JB has pulled Bette Porter out of her back pocket on occasion, most
recently while helping to organize a rally for the woman killed in a park in
Vancouver; she was ranting how she wanted to ring the f'n guys neck.
-Ilene said OC failed b/c it was tied to a large corporation (CBS)
-Yes, they both want to do a LW movie, but as JB said, only if Ilene leaves
the dark side. Ilene said it is possible to tell a love story with romance,
friendships and raising a family
-JB did not hear what Laurel said on Bravo A-list awards; she said I'm
always the last to know. I still don't think she knows what Laurel said b/c
everybody was shouting and laughing
-JB doesn't watch much tv and it appears doesn't google award shows or do
searches on you tube

JB seemed to get more relaxed and talkative as the evening wore on. There is an obvious mutual repect and love between JB and Ilene. After the questions wrapped up at 10:00, JB made a point of saying I want to say one more thing. She thanked the fans for their support and for inspiring the actresses for all these years. I think she would have stayed out there on stage longer. There was no picture taking or autograph signing afterward. She and Ilene left the stage immediately as the lights went down with JB waving all the way off.
kamakaII
kamakaII

Mensaje  Heya Vie 24 Abr 2009 - 9:50

Las fotos que saco B&TF en el evento las ha subido a los foros de lword.com.

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 34pc36q

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 2najr02

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 258731z

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 33w1vzo

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 Fz6vqv

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 154ww7n

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 140g39y
Heya
Heya
Trátame bien, soy una forera muy activa

Cantidad de envíos : 525

Mensaje  Invitado Vie 24 Abr 2009 - 10:06

Chicas en la pagina de tibette esta el video de la entrevista de jennifer e ilene son unos 25 minutos, yo no se ponerla aqui, todavia soy muy novata, jajajajja, se puede ver o bajarselo en diferentes formatos.

La pagina es http://forum.tibette.com/index.php?showtopic=2660&st=0&#last

No se si os servira, un saludo a todas.

yellow

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  masay Vie 24 Abr 2009 - 12:48

julia, kamaka, ks, piyellow muchas gracias por toda la información. Sois geniales. clapping
masay
masay
Entérate, ya soy una usuaria conocida
Entérate, ya soy una usuaria conocida

Cantidad de envíos : 396

Mensaje  Heya Vie 24 Abr 2009 - 16:30

Gracias piyellow. A ver si alguna fan Tibette puede poner el video.

Artículo del evento sacado de un blog:

http://feministspectator.blogspot.com/2009/04/life-after-l-word-at-times-talks.html

Mi parte favorita:

Jennifer Beals dijo que está en contacto frecuente con Kate Moennig, que interpretó a Shane; ella le mando un mensaje de móvil recientemente para preguntarle lo que ella daría por una escena más en el Planet, charlando y tomando una taza de café. La nostalgia y el anhelo eran dulces, y me recordaron que aquellas escenas en el bar siempre parecian las más auténticas, llenas de verdaderas conexiones entre los actores y los personajes.
Heya
Heya

Cantidad de envíos : 525

Mensaje  gabyco Sáb 25 Abr 2009 - 23:49

uno de los titulares mas contundentes y verídicos que he leído "
NY Times Talk Panel: Jennifer Beals is a Perfect Human and Ilene Chaiken Talks A Lot

cuanta razon...cuanta razon... simplemente es la mejor de este universo ...
gabyco
gabyco
Un respeto, soy forera VIP

Cantidad de envíos : 1007
Personajes favoritos : Bette Porter - Tina kenard - Mas q un personaje una personalidad Jennifer Beals

Mensaje  gabyco Sáb 25 Abr 2009 - 23:56

ni yo lo hubiese dicho mejor...

fragmento del reportaje...

Beals, in a sharp black suit, is stunning. She’s humble, intelligent, well-spoken, honest and brave. She exudes a perfection so engaging that we sometimes felt a halo was about to spring from her ears. This halo would consequently emanate a soothing, healing radiant glow that would enlighten the audience and enable world peace.

....Simultaneously Beals would elevate to the brightest ring of angels around heaven

me alegra que existan mas seres en la tierra capases de reconocer a jennifer casi exactamente como yo la veo... pluscuamperfecta
gabyco
gabyco

Cantidad de envíos : 1007
Personajes favoritos : Bette Porter - Tina kenard - Mas q un personaje una personalidad Jennifer Beals

Mensaje  kamakaII Lun 27 Abr 2009 - 15:05

Kate_Shane escribió:
piyellow escribió:Chicas en la pagina de tibette esta el video de la entrevista de jennifer e ilene son unos 25 minutos, yo no se ponerla aqui, todavia soy muy novata, jajajajja, se puede ver o bajarselo en diferentes formatos.

La pagina es http://forum.tibette.com/index.php?showtopic=2660&st=0&#last

No se si os servira, un saludo a todas.

yellow

Gracias piyellow. A ver si alguna fan Tibette puede poner el video.

Chicas, os dejé los links el miércoles, xa las que se lo quieran descargar y no esten registradas ahí.

Os los vuelvo a poner, ok? dedook

kamakaII escribió:Un par de links para descargar 35 minutos de la charla gracias a Bubblymoo en tibette.

En un rato colgarán el video en mejor calidad pero os dejo los links x si hay alguna impaciente

1. http://www.sendspace.com/file/263dn2 ---- 200MB
2. http://www.sendspace.com/file/s4asoz ---- 80 MB
kamakaII
kamakaII

Mensaje  Invitado Lun 27 Abr 2009 - 15:55

kam k eficiente eres besito mrgreen

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  julia Dom 3 Mayo 2009 - 10:17

Una foto tomada por una fan, Orange

Jennifer e Ilene hablan en The New York Times - Página 3 28bsorm
julia
julia
Admin

Cantidad de envíos : 1606
Personajes favoritos : Bette

https://planetal.forosactivos.com

Mensaje  Invitado Dom 3 Mayo 2009 - 15:16

muchas gracias julia, sale wapisima como siempre corazoncitos corazoncitos

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  Invitado Dom 3 Mayo 2009 - 19:02

gracias julia
...m ecncata su sonrisa mrgreen

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 3 de 4. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4  Siguiente