PlanetaL
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala

2 participantes

Página 1 de 2. 1, 2  Siguiente

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Empty Re: The Center Orange County 2010 Gala

Mensaje  julia Mar 20 Abr 2010 - 19:12

Apuntaros esta fecha: Sábado 5 de Junio. Jennifer Beals asistirá a un evento benéfico organizado por el centro LGBTQ del Condado de Orange. También estará Gale Harold, el guapísimo Brian de Queer as folk.

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 313obux
julia
julia
Admin

Cantidad de envíos : 1606
Personajes favoritos : Bette

https://planetal.forosactivos.com

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Empty Re: Noticias de JB

Mensaje  Invitado Mar 20 Abr 2010 - 19:20

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 636510 Julia por la informacion

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  Invitado Miér 21 Abr 2010 - 7:07

siii!!! posibilidad d nuevas fotos de jenny!!! xD.. jeje!!
julia gracias por lainfo!!! The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 743245

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  Invitado Lun 26 Abr 2010 - 21:37

gracias por la informacion julia, con unos tickets tan economicos, lo hacen apto para todos los publicos The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 75227

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  julia Miér 2 Jun 2010 - 11:09

Faltan sólo 4 días para este evento esperando
julia
julia
Admin

Mensaje  julia Dom 6 Jun 2010 - 13:07

La gala se celebró anoche. Ya hay un montón de fotos y crónicas contadas por las fans que estuvieron presentes, así que nos lo vamos a tomar con calma e iremos poco a poco.

Estas fotos son gentileza de calidani8

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 2hzlc1c

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Beg3mv

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 9j3kae

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 2v15ahh

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 2dh8uow

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 2chx508
julia
julia
Admin

Mensaje  julia Dom 6 Jun 2010 - 13:25

julia
julia
Admin

Mensaje  julia Dom 6 Jun 2010 - 13:36

Las fotos de tibette.com

http://www.tibette.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=372

Pongo algunas.

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Img2753k

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Img2762gg

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Img2772jz

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Img2787qo

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Img2788uy

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala Img2791mw
julia
julia
Admin

Mensaje  julia Dom 6 Jun 2010 - 18:54

Video del discurso de Jennifer en la Gala.

julia
julia
Admin

Mensaje  Invitado Dom 6 Jun 2010 - 18:59

Gracias por las fotos y el video julia!!

JB está genial, mejora con los años...

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  Invitado Dom 6 Jun 2010 - 23:47

Gracias por la información. The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 607835 The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 607835

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  julia Lun 7 Jun 2010 - 10:30

julia
julia
Admin

Mensaje  Invitado Lun 7 Jun 2010 - 12:40

gracias julita por las fotos, jennifer esta guapisima, lo que ya no nos sorprende verdad? The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 75227

Invitado
Invitado

Mensaje  julia Mar 8 Jun 2010 - 17:49

Transcripción del discurso de Jennifer. Gentileza de motaterz de tibette.com

Having an LGBT organization in Orange County -- now that is torch bearing!

I have to say, though, when I was told that I was going to be getting this award -- torch bearing -- I couldn't really figure out why. I mean I'm not really sure that I deserve this recognition. I mean, I thought to myself, "I haven't lead any protests; I haven't lead any marches; I don't even own a bullhorn or anything ..." I had only been in my estimation incredibly selfish. I have only really been doing things that, you know, please me. I've raised a bit of money for various organizations which is incredibly pleasurable. I have given a human response to various offensive remarks by journalists -- righteousness is always pleasurable. And I accepted to play the amazing part of Bette Porter in the little lesbian show that could, The L Word. I am, and always will be, deeply indebted to ilene Chaiken for such a tremendous opportunity to explore my inner Alpha. And, I have to say, that it's always been funny to me that so many fans of the show will come up to me and thank me for taking on the role of Bette, as if I'd done them a favor. Or as if I'd taken on some burden of some kind. I mean what they don't realize is that it is I who have received one of the greatest gifts of my professional career by being able to play this part. I am in no way brave; I am just really selfish.

I have learned so much from The L Word. I learned about dental dams, and twinkies. I learned there are more sexual positions on Heaven and Earth than are dreamt up in any straight girl's [can't hear]. Every love scene presented itself to me like a Rubik's Cube. I feel as if I could have an honorary degree in engineering, physics ... I bet you know what I'm talking about.

But honestly, mostly the show taught me about love, authenticity and the importance of human agency. When we were shooting the pilot, one evening my husband and I were sitting in a restaurant, and he turned and kissed me. And I realized then if we were a gay couple, this would have been a very big event in this particular restaurant. And it hurt my heart. It spoke to my otherness. And it awakened in me the knowledge of how much courage it takes to live your life authentically. And this is true for anyone. But it is especially true for anyone who is systematically, culturally and structurally marginalized. To me there seems to be a rather pointed attack on authenticity in a country that prides itself on celebrating the individual. There seems to be a systematic attack on selfhood in a democracy that thrives and grows on sustaining the symbiosis between the individual and the group. Right now the government requires gay service men and women to imprison themselves by virtue of their silence. Their silence, their inability to experience themselves and their loved ones authentically, is a form of structural violence. The notion being that if you are yourself, somehow the group will suffer; the unit will no longer function and then the country will be unsafe. This to me is a form of emotional violence and cannot be farther from the truth.

The health of a democracy is directly measured by the health and well being of the individual citizen. The health of a democracy is directly dependent on hearing the voices of its individual citizens. Silence is destructive. What could mar our safety more than this restrictive policy that requires its citizens' silence? What could mar our safety more than this restrictive policy that quietly attacks its own citizens' very selfhood out of fear? What keeps us truly unsafe as a country on a day-to-day basis is our inability to look inside and experience ourselves as a multitude, as a complexity. And as sure as I'm standing here, things are not always black or white, but sometimes they can be both.

After playing Bette on The L Word I experience these issues in a very personal way. These attacks hurt my heart, and they hurt my sense of womanhood. Homophobia is after all, a form of misogyny.

As one of the recipients of this Torch Bearer award, I would like to think that I am special in some way, but I know that I'm not. We are all Torch Bearers. We each hold a light inside of us. And it falls to each and every one of us to burn bright, if not for our own sake, then for the sake of one another.

The only simple truth is Love. When we acknowledge our love for ourselves, for our beloved, for this beautiful and complex world we live in, we realize we cannot dim our light for anyone, for any government that would seek to dampen or diminish it. If we were to compromise that love, if we were to compromise our authenticity, we diminish not only ourselves, but we denigrate the very democracy of which we are a part. When we embrace love, we can effect change. Love is the greatest light, the brightest torch, and will always be the greatest instrument of change.

Thank you to The Center, Orange County for this honor. I accept it on behalf of everyone who has illuminated the path for me including all of my cast mates of The L Word and Miss Rose Troche. [Can't hear last sentence]

Thank you.
julia
julia
Admin

Mensaje  julia Vie 11 Jun 2010 - 8:33

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 29456400172632469148990

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 29456400172617469148990

The Center Orange County 2010 Gala 29456400172557469148990